Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

dm7rjf1

Is there a way to download a single amp model from one of the HD amp model packs without purchasing the entire pack?

I am trying to create a specific tone and I want to try the Vox AC30 Normal Channel amp model as I suspect (if it's well modelled) that it will do the job. I don't really want to spend £40-£50 on the vintage model pack in case it doesn't fit the bill and particularly as I am unlikely to ever use the other amp models. However if I had to spend £10 for example on a single amp model then this would be much more appealing.

Second question - Given that it's now 2018 and Line 6 appears to have moved on to the Helix, should Line 6 consider making the HD amp model packs for the Pod HD range freely available?

R

I own the Vintage pack in question... and as a VOX AC30 owner/player for decades I can say that the AC30 Normal Channel in the Vintage pack is excellent. Just like on the real deal, I reach for the normal channel before the top boost model. 

If you are concerned about not getting usage from the other amps.... well, we are all a little different but I have found some other gems in that pack. The acoustic amp is very nice if you play any acoustic instruments through the HD. I play acoustic, dobro, mandolin and banjo - and use the acoustic amp on all of them. The Pete Anderson Deluxe is the reason I initially bought the pack. It is a hot rodded, beefed up BF Deluxe Reverb.... absolutely incredible.  

Now the down side.... I could be wrong about this, but I don't think any of these models are full blown HD models... I think they are older models (POD 2, XT, X3) re-packaged for HD compatibility. That doesn't stop me from recommending it... I'm just pointing it out. 

2 hours ago, dm7rjf1 said:

Second question - Given that it's now 2018 and Line 6 appears to have moved on to the Helix, should Line 6 consider making the HD amp model packs for the Pod HD range freely available?

HD500x is still available in the stores... it's a great "lower cost" option to the Helix and IMO, still a viable product. I can't see L6 giving away the packs any time soon... but I would like to be wrong about that :)

30 minutes ago, codamedia said:

I own the Vintage pack in question... and as a VOX AC30 owner/player for decades I can say that the AC30 Normal Channel in the Vintage pack is excellent. Just like on the real deal, I reach for the normal channel before the top boost model. 

If you are concerned about not getting usage from the other amps.... well, we are all a little different but I have found some other gems in that pack. The acoustic amp is very nice if you play any acoustic instruments through the HD. I play acoustic, dobro, mandolin and banjo - and use the acoustic amp on all of them. The Pete Anderson Deluxe is the reason I initially bought the pack. It is a hot rodded, beefed up BF Deluxe Reverb.... absolutely incredible.  

Now the down side.... I could be wrong about this, but I don't think any of these models are full blown HD models... I think they are older models (POD 2, XT, X3) re-packaged for HD compatibility. That doesn't stop me from recommending it... I'm just pointing it out. 

HD500x is still available in the stores... it's a great "lower cost" option to the Helix and IMO, still a viable product. I can't see L6 giving away the packs any time soon... but I would like to be wrong about that :)

Thanks. If it really is that good then I may still consider it.

32 minutes ago, dm7rjf1 said:

Thanks. If it really is that good then I may still consider it.

Do you have access to an older POD (XT or X3)? A friend, or at a local music store? 

If so, give the VOX Normal Channel a try... it should be the same model, with just a slight variance caused by the global differences between an HD and older POD.