Sign in to follow this  
mark_gamache

Extra Effects Loop?

I have two stereo effects units and a few drive pedals that I want to use in Helix signal chains. I can combine the drive units into one mono block using a Voodoo Lab  Hex switcher , but that still leaves me needing an extra mono loop (the four efx send/returns will be used by the two stereo effects). I know I could put the mono drive block before the Helix, but that doesn't allow fitting inside a chain and/or using with my Variax VDI. Any idea the best way to get an extra effects loop?

-mark 

Thanks! That's a very cool switcher. It's similar to the HEX unit that I have, but much more sophisticated and more options. I am not sure that gets me to where I want to be (I'll have to think on it). I need two stereo send/rec blocks and a mono send/rec block. What's silly is one of my outboard effects is an H9. For the cost of another switcher I could just buy an extra H9 core (used) and put it in the signal chain with the other stereo effect and solve the problem that way. Maybe that's what I do... Seems like complete absolute overkill.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:57 PM, Roberttheprole said:

I plug all my mono effects into this amazing machine, then plug it into helix, has a stereo mode if need be, and can controled with midi through helix. Love it!

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dpc-8ez-gen3

Great video. Very informative. So now I know that you can basically use x1 send/return loop in the Helix to control multiple analog pedals.

Does anyone know if you can get that same level of control with a Voodoo Lab Hex or GSX rack switcher? I still have those units.

I Had a Rocktron loop8 connected to one of the loops in my Helix. All controlled via MIDI. One of the best setups I have ever had...