Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

yogi63

Does everyone who bought the flagship amp Firehawk Fh1500 feel let down.

No updates in over year no upgrades on models. I have the Fh1500 and Fbv3.

Where are the updates and upgrades?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I don't see anything happening on that front because this thing is 2 years in production now. The development team is long gone by now or working on other future high budget projects we can expect 6 months support for with slim to none documentation to boot.

The FH-1500 is still a great amp, even IF Line-6 has really abandoned it or not. They gotta eat and pay the bills. The only way to do this is to make and sell more stuff and usually, that is what is new and just released, unfortunately (and whether its ready for release or not in some cases). Its what happened to the Vetta, the DT-50 etc... 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two FH-1500 bought when they first came out only to have them release the Powercab 112 which is really what we all wanted in the first place. We had pedals we needed an amp to run them that didn't way 70 lbs. Totally pissed at Line 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at it this way.

Line 6 launched the FH1500 two years ago. At that time it hit most of the requirements of an FRFR - or stand alone modelling amp. I bought one as it ticked the requisite boxes - and still does. (but maaaan, the weight of the darn thing - AND NO ROLLER BAG IN THE UK!).

However, the reception was underwhelming - how many online reviews have you seen of this unit in its 30(ish) month life compared with the number of reviews and plaudits for the 'more serious' PowerCab units in the past few weeks? Given that Andertons TV (who worship at the feet of Paul Hindmarsh) have only featured it once, and never in a Modelling Amp shootout with other 'well established' units sort of implies its a 'Curious Uncle' 'in the Line 6 family. Coupled with the lack of any product development in the past year (last firmware update May 2017 and I'm still waiting for the non-440Hz tuner...)

So we either take solace in the fact that we still have a face-melting 1500 Watt amp that can blow any current PowerCab into oblivion, or downgrade to more portable units and accept that evolution sometimes makes the occasional mistake.

What annoys me is not that they've brought out smaller, lighter units; but they've abandoned this one in its entirety so early on - probably as a result of Yamaha's influence in the business and their product line:

"A 1.5KW, 6-speaker amp that no-one can lift - WTF?"

Make it smaller...

Ah well...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, yogi63 said:

Does everyone who bought the flagship amp Firehawk Fh1500 feel let down.

No updates in over year no upgrades on models. I have the Fh1500 and Fbv3.

Where are the updates and upgrades?

another update for the Helix, no update for the FH1500 again........

To Line 6, Please reply to all these questions on support and update progress on the Firehawk 1500. I just purchased one and there are design issues. The looper in not useable in live setting because you can't delete overdubs or redo them. Also you can't delete the loop without playing it for 2 seconds. And I'm told this was how it was designed. Come on a mistake is a mistake.   

They generally don't respond.

However, to allay your fears:

1. The FH1500 is an awesome amp. It has more uses than you will ever probably need it for, but as a guitar amp it is fantastic. I run my Helix into mine, but also use it 'solo'. My main gripe now is it's weight. I'm 'of an age' where things start to pop, but it's no heavier than an AC30. So you need to balance bang for buck vs weight vs Chiropractor bills..

2. MIDI programming, This has been ironed out in one of the latest firmware updates (1.30.00 - it now performs as the manual). I've used an FBV Mk II with no problems. Check out the product updates in the 'downloads' section of the line6 site. Most of the original kinks have been worked out.

3. Yes there have been no updates in a while, and a variable reference frequency tuner would be nice, but to be honest it hasn't stopped me from using mine - a lot.

summary of 1.30.00 update below:

New Features

• Block Bypass, Expression controllers, and Looper functions can now be triggered by incoming MIDI CCs (MIDI DIN only). Please see the following KB article for more information: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/firehawk-1500/firehawk-1500-and-midi-cc-r860
  • XLR output volume can now be adjusted from Live Edit Mode. This was implemented to avoid clipping the ADC prematurely. It is set to -15dB by default, to provide adequate headroom for mid to high gain tones.

To edit the XLR output volume:

1. Press the preset knob to enter Live Edit Mode.

2. Scroll left to "Etc:ReAmp/MIDI/Main" and press the preset knob.

3. Scroll right to "Etc:XLR Out"

4. Turn the Main (Big) Knob to set the value.

• Like 1