Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

High E silent in modeling modes - JTV-59P

19 hours ago, bsewart said:

zippo.   and Adelaide is terrible for any type of parts.

Adelaide is the Capital of South Australia.

It is the 5th most populous city in Australia.

It is the most centralized population in Australia

and holds 75% of the Southern population.

It has a population of over 1.4 million residents.

It is a very modern city with a vibrant economy.

They build and launch warships, Chrysler and GM built plants there,have a large manufacturing

and defence industry, have many museums,

They hold International Arts Festivals, and many others

and are the center of a major wine industry.

They are ranked as one of the top ten cities in the world to live in,

and are ranked as the most desirable place to live in Australia.

Doesn't sound like you live in the Outback...sounds more like San Diego, Calif.

They are also the home of a one man Yamaha/Line6 Service Center

that's in the back of a guy's house. Not to bash someone that I don't know, but there is only so much one person can do,

and it's more like a "Service Dude", than "Service Center" just by definition.

I have no idea how many places sell Yamaha/L6 gear around there,or how much is sold, but this sounds highly inadequate

given the region that would encompass the service area. Is this the only one anywhere around?

Plus, a simple phone call or e-mail should confirm if a replacement board is available.

Should also be much easier to just replace a defective item than to jerk the customer around

while he waits for what ? When ?

So, if you think parts are hard to get....try someone that would have a ZERO L6 parts inventory.

If you needed something as simple as a knob...it would have to be ordered..."Special", from I don't know ?

But Yamaha/ L6 stands by the "Everything is Rosie Here" fantasy while the customer knows better.

Now just imagine that your gear is no longer under warranty, 1 year, and you get to foot the bill while you wait, and wait.

You're going to need the "Best O Luck" along with any other Yamaha/L6 users in your area.

Shawn

I used to do electronics repair for a popular electronics franchise in a similar fashion so I think for this kind of stuff it is pretty common.  I am happy to send it to the back room of a knowledgeable guy.  He had tube amps everywhere and schematics, and after I told him the work I used to do we had a long chat.  It was obvious he knew what he was doing.  He said he had a Helix in, and had not seen many Line6 products come in at all.   I don't think larger service centres that you might get a picture of in your mind exist - well not in Adelaide at least, I think they would be out of business in weeks due to overheads.

I know in the data recovery industry, a lot of flashy shops with expensive websites don't have a clue when their tools cant just point/click/recover disks and I get a fair bit of flash device recovery from these places. I get down to the physical level and the tools I have and developed myself let me go a lot further than many shops. My lab is not unlike the Yamaha guys  ;-)

Zoning rules are different there and in England, than they are here in the US. 

If they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed according to their zoning laws, then they're okay.

There are two locations in Adelaide, Australia.

You have a store front for your business?

For my business? no, I work in IT for Edu. but I have data recovery business that is home. mainly B2B but some of the PC shops or other data recovery labs prefer to send clients irect to me.

Thats why I didnt want to focus on the repair centre, as I know these guys usually have been in the business a long time and know their specific field inside and out.  It is why we are in the "back room" as we want to get into it without interruptions, and are not limited to 9-5, or distracted by bozos walking in the door every 2 minutes!!  :-)

On 5/19/2018 at 8:46 PM, bsewart said:
On 5/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, psarkissian said:

There are two locations in Adelaide, Australia.

I don't think larger service centres that you might get a picture of in your mind exist - well not in Adelaide at least

My sick sense of humor compels me to ask "Where is the other one located ????

In a brokedown trailer out at the nearest Billabong ???

A "Service Center" without any parts and just one guy, is just a fancy term for a "Waiting Room".

I've been in more than several dozen one man repair shops, in more than one country, but NONE of them were ever touted as a "Service Center" for a major flagship brand. Especially in a major city.

The bottom line here is Bsewart is the only one who should be happy or disappointed.

Another week has gone by.......so keep us informed will 'Ya ?

Have you heard anything? Parts on the way ?

Has L6 USA actually stepped in and helped at all ?

Shawn

" Has L6 USA actually stepped in and helped at all ? "--- since we all know each other now (L6 here and Yamaha there),

they contact me for the tech stuff,... if and when they feel the need. Admin stuff is done by others here.

"Have you heard anything? Parts on the way ? Has L6 USA actually stepped in and helped at all ? "--- that's between him and

us (L6 and Yamaha Australia). If or when he decides to share,...  that's up to him.

1 hour ago, Guitarkyller said:

My sick sense of humor compels me to ask "Where is the other one located ????

In a brokedown trailer out at the nearest Billabong ???

A "Service Center" without any parts and just one guy, is just a fancy term for a "Waiting Room".

I've been in more than several dozen one man repair shops, in more than one country, but NONE of them were ever touted as a "Service Center" for a major flagship brand. Especially in a major city.

The bottom line here is Bsewart is the only one who should be happy or disappointed.

Another week has gone by.......so keep us informed will 'Ya ?

Have you heard anything? Parts on the way ?

Has L6 USA actually stepped in and helped at all ?

Shawn

You're not helping, you're trolling our company and staff. Your email tells me you're chuckewheat, which is a banned account. If you continue, I will ban your Guitarkyller account also. I'd rather not, as I've seen you post helpful commentary before. Please behave or leave. There will be no other conversation from me.