Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Standard Tremolo Noise

martinparkinson

I wonder if anyone is having the same issue as me:  a VERY noisy tremolo on Variax Standard.  Absolutely fine on Mags, but on piezo I am getting clunking noises and little clicks and a general noise as I move the tremolo.  I have tried nut sauce on the tremolo screws, have set it up as two point by releasing 4 inner screws, have tried it floated and then flat, still the same issue.  I found one source of noise was the cable going from trem block to the electronics through the hole in the wood.  When I opened up the electronics plate, the cable was wedged underneath the other cables so when the trem moved, the cable was coiling up and pushing back at the trem and made some small mechanical noise.    However, no matter what else I do, the trem is unusable on models.  Does anyone else experience this and if so has anyone found a solution.

Edited by martinparkinson
add product name

On 02/05/2018 at 4:18 PM, psarkissian said:

If it's what I think it is, return it to where you got it and exchange it for another one.

Not so easy ... it was an eBay purchase!  Not ideal, so would prefer the try and sort out.  When you say "if it's what I think it is", what might that be?

If I recall, eBay has a return policy. The tremolo issue may be why it was on eBay in the first place.

A glitch in the tremolo, it was only a few. Thought I dealt with all of them. They should've returned it

to us instead of selling it to you.