Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning same control to 2 different switches - possible?

smashmashup

So I've come from vg99 which spoilt me for control assignments - what I'm trying to do is have the rotary turn on and spin up to fast as it's turned on - tgats easy no problem but I also want to have a separate switch to control fast slow when it's on which means assigning the speed switch to 2 different controls.

I want it this way cos I like the rotary spinning up effect rather than it turning on at full tilt.

Is there any way of doing it? 

A parameter can only be assigned to one controller, so you can't have both switches controlling the speed. You could do this with a combination of snapshots and a stomp switch, though. You could assign the Speed parameter to a footswitch, and then you could have a snapshot that turns on the Rotary block and has the Speed set to Fast. Snapshots let you recall a specific value for any parameter that's tied to any controller.

Damn - thought as much. Thanks for replying. My compromise is assigning fast speed to another switch which alternates the fast speed between 0 and 5.3 (original value). As it's on fast mode when it turns on it sort of simulated going to slow (not quite slow enough but it works) and it does the change smooth enough. First patch build and it's got quite complicated running dual amps and cabs (a 1x15 and 4x10) to simulate SRV Morcambo rig but added dimension d simulation for Bowie era stuff and the vibratone (on one amp only like he did). Fun lol!

This is where I wished that the rotary models in Helix were able to control speed with expression pedal rather than just slow and fast. It would be ultra cool to just ramp speed up and down with an expression. 

You can sort of if you assign slow speed, fast/slow switch and fast speed all to exp. - the difficulty is matching slow exit speed with lowest range of fast speed.

Real shame they didn't add the range of exp pedal the effect change happens over. I've been used to see specifying one thing over the first say 1/4 travel then something else over last 3/4s or whatever. Here you're stuck with only being able to assign to the full travel of the pedal and tgats really very restricting