Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Failed firmware upgrade "Boot Error"

peterealey

I Recently purchased a HX Effects Pedal and decided to upgrade the firmware. During the process the upgrade failed and now my pedal will not boot and shows a boot error. The pedal is asking me to power-off and to power-on while holding the ">" (right arrow). I have no idea where the right arrow is or where it is referring to. So I would appreciate it if somebody could enlighten me on this issue.

Hi soblivion.

You were right it was. I tried that earlier but because nothing prompted me to take further action I assumed it was the wrong thing. When running the updater however the pedal still refuses to update. It has tried but after a minute or so it fails. So where I go from here I'm not sure. I suspect a driver issue so going down the path of installing, deleting and reinstalling seems to be the way.

Hi Phil.

I don't think it's  a USB port issue as the peddle is communicating with the updater software. Originally the updater software would crash as soon as the effects peddle was switched on. This was fixed by installing the latest HX Edit software, which also installed an earlier version of the updater and the USB driver.

It seems to have sorted itself. I uninstalled the usb driver and reinstalled it as a stand alone, (not with the HX Edit package), rebooted the Computer and continued to boot the peddle with the right arrow and run the updater. The red line showing the updating progress began to move further along until it eventually made it to the end.

I'm not sure why it took several attempts to complete I'm just grateful that it did.