Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Workbench Tutorial Found

While searching the internet for Variax related information I came across this tutorial on advanced editing in Workbench relating to tone. I am not sure if it has been shared here before, but I didn't find it doing a quick search of the forums.

The information may be useful to other Variax users so I thought I would share it. If you are interested in resonant frequencies etc. and how to set the capacitor value and pot values this is a good resource.

Thanks to the original creator. The only reference to go on is Vettaville.nl

WB Tutorial 6 290107.pdf

• 3 years later...

Thank you for sharing this. Super helpful! 

Can these same configurations be performed with the HELIX? If not, If I make this configurations in Workbench HD, will the configurations be fixed to my Variax Standard or will they be overwritten by the HELIX presets? 

On 4/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, felixflemons71 said:

Thank you for sharing this. Super helpful! 

Can these same configurations be performed with the HELIX? If not, If I make this configurations in Workbench HD, will the configurations be fixed to my Variax Standard or will they be overwritten by the HELIX presets? 

You use Workbench HD to customize the Variax Models and store them in your Variax guitar, organized by Variax Bank and Pickup selector switch position. Helix presets do not affect these models; the preset merely sends a command to the Variax that causes the specified model to be activated in the Variax. Helix doesn’t know or care what Variax Model is stored in the specified Bank/Pickup position. It just tells the Variax to activate whatever model is in, e.g. Spank-4 position. You could use Workbench HD to completely change what that model sounds like; it doesn’t have to represent a Stratocaster with neck and middle pickups engaged.