Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX LT+MESA FX LOOP

Ozhwald

Im trying to find a way to run my Helix LT live. Before i got it, my rig was a dual rectifier+ pedalboard into a Mesa 4x12, but i also use an EVH 5150iii and  a Peavey 5150 both into their own EVH 4x12's for an overly bulky live stereo set up. Now, with the EVH/Peavey, i can plug into the fx return of both and  get what i need coming out of the 4x12's, easily and simply like everyone says. But with my Dual Rectifier; holy cow is it noisy. Not only is there so much hissing, it is also just freakishly loud. By the time i get to 'room volume' the vol. knob on the helix is so low it isnt useful. Iv read somewhere on here about a guy with a Mesa Mark IV and it sounded like he had a similar problem, but a solution wasnt posted. i tried the 4cm, but im trying to bypass the head altogether so i can simulate one. 

The EVH+Peavey rigs are not mine, so i need to figure out the problem with my Mesa, or find a little FRFR setup; in which case i can use some  power amp recommendations. 
Also getting a 50w EVH doesnt sound bad as i know i can plug straight into that fx return.

Or am i simply overlooking something with the Dual Rec? Its an older model and isnt the quietest on it own; especially in the fx loop. But it should still be useful, right?