Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Free Helix Back Panel Inputs/Outputs Label sticker.

ventolino

All this time I spent learning the back panel, blindfold, by touch, like soldiers are trained to field strip their rifles... all for nothing!

But seriously, great idea. L6 should put a sticker like that in the box :-)

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, ventolino said:

Just made this, free for everyone who likes it, enjoy it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNRZVMexh6w5kZR93_ZOxPgEVRXpT7f7/view?usp=drivesdk

IMG_20180503_151838.jpg

IMG_20180503_151820.jpg

Btw, even though the topic heading you used, "Free Helix Sticker" might have more general appeal, you might want to consider relabeling the heading for this topic or perhaps re-posting it with a different heading at some point in the future with something a bit more descriptive like "Free Helix Back Panel Output Label sticker", or something similar. It actually took me a while to get around to reading this topic because I thought it might just be a "Modelers Have More Fun" or "Vote Muskie" sticker, or something in that vein :-)  It would be a shame to see anyone miss out on this great piece of work due to the topic title although it seems to have a healthy number of views so far. As you can tell I'm a fan of what you have done here and the fact that you put it out without asking for compensation. I think it deserves maximum exposure.

16 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Btw, even though the topic heading you used, "Free Helix Sticker" might have more general appeal, you might want to consider relabeling the heading for this topic or perhaps re-posting it with a different heading at some point in the future with something a bit more descriptive like "Free Helix Back Panel Output Label sticker", or something similar. It actually took me a while to get around to reading this topic because I thought it might just be a "Modelers Have More Fun" or "Vote Muskie" sticker, or something in that vein :-)  It would be a shame to see anyone miss out on this great piece of work due to the topic title although it seems to have a healthy number of views so far. As you can tell I'm a fan of what you have done here and the fact that you put it out without asking for compensation. I think it deserves maximum exposure.

Just modified post title as you suggested, this is a good advice, thanks.

BTW, i’m happy about your words, sharing is future, it takes me about 2 to 3 hours to draw graphics, this is my hobby and it was fun drawing it, it can’t be everything a matter of money, please share your knowledge, ideas and your passions to everyone.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ventolino said:

Just modified post title as you suggested, this is a good advice, thanks.

BTW, i’m happy about your words, sharing is future, it takes me about 2 to 3 hours to draw graphics, this is my hobby and it was fun drawing it, it can’t be everything a matter of money, please share your knowledge, ideas and your passions to everyone.

My apologies that probably should have said "...Input/Output..." but I hope the heading change gets you some new eyes on the post. Please feel free to change it back if not. Either way it ultimately caught many people's attention with more hopefully to come. Thanks again!

9 hours ago, Lucky13j said:

Very Cool!! Thank you!

Any chance you could make one for the HX Effects? 

I don't own it, I'd need at least some quotes, I'd be happy to make it for everyone... HX effects and Helix LT also would be nice. Waiting for someone send me some machines, ahahah. 

If you do decide to expand your list of designs, you may want to try including a version that has the text upside down so that the label can be read from the front and above of the Helix.   No reason you couldn't sell these although the freebie is hugely appreciated. No one would fault you if you sold them for a reasonable price. Sounds like you may be letting yourself in for a lot more work.

@HonestOpinion I had a very hard discussion on big FB page about this opinion and I was banned, democracy is not their best quality... So this will be free for all, I'd need money in this bad moment of life but this not the way to gain them. Of course I like every kind of appreciations :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zooey said:

Actually, the upside-down text version would probably sit me better too, good idea.

This feature was designed for a purpose... reading it from player point of view, logos are there for your huge headbanging public :D

13 hours ago, ventolino said:

This feature was designed for a purpose... reading it from player point of view, logos are there for your huge headbanging public :D

LOL, definitely want to please the public. The reason I suggested a version with the text upside down is that I think many players often find themselves kneeling in the front of their Helix when connecting their cabling. This is the position where the text on the back is totally invisible to the player so the sticker with upside down text labels would be particularly helpful as from the front the text labels would be oriented correctly for the player to read. Of course any audience member would see the text as a strange and illegible language as it would be upside down to them. The Helix logos could remain right side up for the audience  :-)

2 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

LOL, definitely want to please the public. The reason I suggested a version with the text upside down is that I think many players often find themselves kneeling in the front of their Helix when connecting their cabling. This is the position where the text on the back is totally invisible to the player so the sticker with upside down text labels would be particularly helpful as from the front the text labels would be oriented correctly for the player to read. Of course any audience member would see the text as a strange and illegible language :-)

Nope.

17 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Seems to be some confusion regarding my last post? I edited it such that I hope it makes more sense.

I understood @HonestOpinion but it does not make sense to me, can’t find the point, if you’re in front of it i’m assuming you’re reading labels.

BTW, is there someone quoting LT and HX fx so i could edit also these versions. <—— IMPORTANT

But overall, had someone tried to apply the sticker? Images would be appreciated. 

23 minutes ago, ventolino said:

I understood @HonestOpinion but it does not make sense to me, can’t find the point, if you’re in front of it i’m assuming you’re reading labels.

BTW, is there someone quoting LT and HX fx so i could edit also these versions. <—— IMPORTANT

But overall, had someone tried to apply the sticker? Images would be appreciated. 

Ah, I see where the confusion is now. By "in front of it" I mean in the position you would normally be in while using the Helix in performance. The rear position would be staring at the back panel where all the Input/Output connections are. I think many players find themselves n the "front" position while connecting cables on stage as you may have a vocal monitor, mic stand, and multiple cables behind the Helix that make it difficult to position yourself in a way where you are staring at the back panel. Sorry for any confusion, I realize now that "front" and "back" can be somewhat vague depending on whether you consider the musician's view or the audience's view as "the front". In this case I was using the "front" to indicate the player's view of the Helix while performing.

11 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Ah, I see where the confusion is now. By "in front of it" I mean in the position you would normally be in while using the Helix in performance. The rear position would be staring at the back panel where all the Input/Output connections are. I think many players find themselves n the "front" position while connecting cables on stage as you may have a vocal monitor, mic stand, and multiple cables behind the Helix that make it difficult to position yourself in a way where you are staring at the back panel. Sorry for any confusion, I realize now that "front" and "back" can be somewhat vague depending on whether you consider the musician's view or the audience's view as "the front". In this case I was using the "front" to indicate the player's view while performing.

I invite you to try to print it and apply to your Helix and you’ll see everything is fine ;)

• Upvote 1

@ventolino your effort creating this PDF is a wonderful offering for all! You have every right to be proud of your results and of your choice to provide it freely for any and all to use as they may desire. It is, both, troubling and surprising to read that you were banned from the "big FB page" as a result of some "hard discussion" presumably regarding an opinion. If you opt not to participate in the FB experience (as many opt not to for a variety of reasons) there is a thriving Helix community on TheGearPage.net > The Gear > Digital & Modeling sub-Forum > Line6. There are also several Helix related threads in the Amp Modeling SubForum on the MyLesPaul.com Forums.  

• Like 1

Ok, I printed it out and you are absolutely right, the second I looked at the printed version it was obvious, the orientation of the text is already exactly as I was suggesting. But you had already done that. Even the reversing of the logo for the audience was a nice touch. My bad, please ignore my earlier suggestion, thanks for your patience, and my apologies again for any confusion on my part. I should have taken a closer look at your screenshot. The text shows up tiny on my screen in the image that was posted and I was incorrect in how I thought it was oriented. Time for some reading glasses. It is already the most useful way to have gone about it, perfect! This is fantastic! Great job!

5 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

@ventolino your effort creating this PDF is a wonderful offering for all! You have every right to be proud of your results and of your choice to provide it freely for any and all to use as they may desire. It is, both, troubling and surprising to read that you were banned from the "big FB page" as a result of some "hard discussion" presumably regarding an opinion. If you opt not to participate in the FB experience (as many opt not to for a variety of reasons) there is a thriving Helix community on TheGearPage.net > The Gear > Digital & Modeling sub-Forum > Line6. There are also several Helix related threads in the Amp Modeling SubForum on the MyLesPaul.com Forums.  

Yes, indeed @MusicLaw it’s troubling for sure, a user even wrote he would punch me out (i have screenshots smarties!!! :D ) for an opinion, i invite them to go to someone skillful. Also wrote to Frank Ritchotte about this but i was totally ignored, maybe Line6 policy accepts these kind of behaviours, don’t know...

Thanks for your invitations, i’ll try to join asap job permitting.

Please do not give up on Frank Ritchotte, Line 6, nor the overwhelming majority of Helix community users. Frank and Line 6 are renown for their world class customer service and support. 

32 minutes ago, MusicLaw said:

Please do not give up on Frank Ritchotte, Line 6, nor the overwhelming majority of Helix community users. Frank and Line 6 are renown for their world class customer service and support. 

I agree, Frank is top notch, he responded to all request i made, he's a squisite person, i think he can't do anything about that. The fact remains that a community of 14000 users about Helix products could act these ways and Line6 is out from these policies. It's only a statement, not a complaint.

8 hours ago, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Wow thank you very much any change you can make an A3 version aswell?

As that would literarly cover all the backpanel.

I tried yet, it doesn’t fit A3, maybe diagonally (haven’t tried) but it would be a total waste of precious adhesive paper... 

It would be an idea to make united strip and make it print to a Print Service Center

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, draikin said:

Quoting for an LT Version of the Label Sticker ;-)

Quoting = taking measures. Don’t cheat, ahahah.

Tomorrow (i hope) i’ll give instructions how to quote it. Then i’ll make LT version.

Sorry HX users, there’s no room for a sticker in your devices.

17 hours ago, ventolino said:

I tried yet, it doesn’t fit A3, maybe diagonally (haven’t tried) but it would be a total waste of precious adhesive paper... 

It would be an idea to make united strip and make it print to a Print Service Center

Yeah that would be cool can you make one when you got some time over i know of a print company that i can ask if they will print it?

I was going to print it... and noticed that there is a small issue. The text is oriented in the best possible way, but then the labels for the external loop connections should show "Returns / Sends" or perhaps add some "R's" and "S's". I noticed when I did my poor and ugly  version... written on a white PVC tape, I initially made the same mistake. Very good work, thanks a lot for sharing.

• Like 1

I wish you would release a diagonal image so I could print on US letter size stock.  Cannot find a service in the US with A4 paper and it doesn't quite fit on letter when oriented vertically.