Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Free Helix Back Panel Inputs/Outputs Label sticker.

ventolino

Yes, I eventually discovered that LibreOffice permits editing of vector based PDF and was able to accomplish this.  It now fits US letter size perfectly.  I'll have the local Staples store print it for me on adhesive stock.

23 hours ago, snhirsch said:

Yes, I eventually discovered that LibreOffice permits editing of vector based PDF and was able to accomplish this.  It now fits US letter size perfectly.  I'll have the local Staples store print it for me on adhesive stock.

Would you mind posting a link to share your edited version of the PDF? Those of us (Letter size users) in the USA would probably find it helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 11:39 AM, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

So I took your PDF file - made some spacing adjustments and printed this on clear vinyl with white ink at my work (a sign print shop).  I'm very pleased with the results - thank you for sharing the file!  I have a couple extras if you want - PM me.  

Very cool! Is this something I could have done at my local print or sign shop? What did you need to adjust on the spacing?

The guy who runs the facebook group just posted about this and seems PISSED.  I really dont get it, he barely skirts the trademark by calling his products "L6" and accuses this FREE product of infringing on a trademark.  I really dont get the cult of personality over there.  He also seems to think he created this brilliant original idea of using an eq instead of an IR for cab sims which is just hilarious .

Pissed about... what, exactly?  Please correct me if I have this wrong, but my impression is that this graphic was posted publicly with no restrictions on its use.  Does the person on FB (no idea who it is, since I loathe FB groups) have a trademark or copyright claim on this layout?  Seems to me that only Line 6 could legally have rights to control a likeness of the rear panel.  What am I missing?

31 minutes ago, snhirsch said:

Pissed about... what, exactly?  Please correct me if I have this wrong, but my impression is that this graphic was posted publicly with no restrictions on its use.  Does the person on FB (no idea who it is, since I loathe FB groups) have a trademark or copyright claim on this layout?  Seems to me that only Line 6 could legally have rights to control a likeness of the rear panel.  What am I missing?

Honestly I think its just an entitlement issue.   Theres a ton of yes men in that group and kind of a cult of personality going on where no one dares disagree with him.  Up until recently anyone who posted third party line 6 accessories that competed with something he offered had their posts deleted and in some cases were sent rude / aggressive messages by his stooges.  Its really unfortunate as that particular facebook group is a great community of like minded folks, but then you also have it coupled with this toxic BS.  Long story short, hes found a way to make money off of line 6's products with products and takes personal offense to anything that he deems threatening.   While im sharing my gripes about that group ....theres a weirdly defensive community over there of "helix tuner truthers" who get really upset at any suggestion that the tuner is anything but perfect. 

11 hours ago, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

You could - or just send me your information and I'll mail a couple out to you.  I printed about 16 total, so I can send a couple other people some too. If you do get it printed locally, you'll need to tell them to use White Ink on Clear Vinyl.  Let me know if you need the file.  

I adjusted the alignment on some of the text and i/o's.  I also added the Send/Return numbers 1-4.  I essentially took the graphic file, imported a pic of the i/o's on the Helix, sized them up correctly and just moved a couple things around - for the most part it was OK, just a little OCD on my end.  : )  

Let me know if you would like a couple - PM me your mailing address.  

Thanks again for for source file!

Thank you, you're very kind, i live in Italy i think it'd be too expensive, btw i made it yet for my Helix... Thanks again BTW

See you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ventolino said:

I just read your comments, so I’m sorry guys i have to delete file and images, i was kicked out from that FB group with threats (have screenshots)... i don’t want problems for a sticker.

See you.

You've got to be kidding me. The worlds gone crazy. It's like people are just looking for stuff to be against. What FB group specifically? Is it the Line 6 Helix Group? Which ever one it is I want to make sure to NOT have anything to do with it. That's just pathetic. Pay no attention to them.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ventolino said:

I just read your comments, so I’m sorry guys i have to delete file and images, i was kicked out from that FB group with threats (have screenshots)... i don’t want problems for a sticker.

See you.

Unless this individual has a legitimate, legal claim (which I doubt is the case) you are being bullied.  I will continue to make my rotated copy of the image available until and unless I receive some justification of a third-party claim against it. 

Very glad not to be a member of that FB group.  I find FB at best to be just shy of useless as a forum.   

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, Facebook became dump for worst behaviours, a world upside down... I have my real life problems to solve and a family and don’t want any added problem neither i want to blow on fire.

I hope you’ll continue upgrading work i started and share it for free... 

thanks

3 hours ago, brue58ski said:

You've got to be kidding me. The worlds gone crazy. It's like people are just looking for stuff to be against. What FB group specifically? Is it the Line 6 Helix Group? Which ever one it is I want to make sure to NOT have anything to do with it. That's just pathetic. Pay no attention to them.

Its Chad Boston's Line 6 Helix family of products user group - Original on facebook.  He gets away with being such a bully about this stuff because that group has basically become endorsed by line 6 as it is the biggest one out there for helix users.  Its brutal though, he goes around playing the victim card whenever anyone comes up with a competing product and then proceeds to cyber bully those who disagree.  They even used to go as far as deleting posts about which screen protectors for tablets / hand held gaming consoles would fit the helix screen because he sells an expensive screen protector.

• Upvote 1

No kidding!  I bought a package of protectors from him and have been generally happy with them.  Can someone clarify whether he actually markets a self-adhesive label similar to the one that ventolino designed? 

On 6/19/2018 at 9:29 AM, ntguitar6 said:

Its Chad Boston's Line 6 Helix family of products user group - Original on facebook.  He gets away with being such a bully about this stuff because that group has basically become endorsed by line 6 as it is the biggest one out there for helix users.  Its brutal though, he goes around playing the victim card whenever anyone comes up with a competing product and then proceeds to cyber bully those who disagree.  They even used to go as far as deleting posts about which screen protectors for tablets / hand held gaming consoles would fit the helix screen because he sells an expensive screen protector.

I thought that's who it might be. He does offer something with the same type of graphics. Different layout but graphics are very close.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:36 AM, snhirsch said:

No kidding!  I bought a package of protectors from him and have been generally happy with them.  Can someone clarify whether he actually markets a self-adhesive label similar to the one that ventolino designed? 

My original post was wrong. and I am now correcting it. Chad does offer a printed vinyl label for sale with essentially the same graphics. See here at the bottom. The graphics are basic and there are slight differences though they are very slight. But they are just basically circles and squares. I personally like the other layout but that's just me.

ct2.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AlexKenivel said:

I'm a moderator in that group. Has someone from the group threatened you? That's not cool... 

That is what ventolino claims.  You can find that individual's name by looking over the preceding messages.

Not finding any names in the preceding messages, only stating of screenshots, which I'd love to see.

So far, from this thread, ive gathered:

OP Made it for free, but says it wasn't his idea, and that he made it "better for all and free". Which tells me He saw The one Chad Boston made and made it "better" by redoing it and making it free for everyone to share and expand upon. OP is free to correct me if im wrong here.

OP made these because "it can’t be everything a matter of money, please share your knowledge, ideas and your passions to everyone" and I agree with you about sharing ideas and passions. The whole reason why I became a part of the Facebook Helix group was to share information, presets, and help other users. 

Then I read talk of a hard discussion, and a threat to get punched. Screenshots? I'd love to see those. Please send them my way. I'm not a fan of folks threatening others.

Another user here reported that Chad posted about this very thread and seems pissed.

From what I gathered from Chad's post from his ill state, is that he felt really hurt by someone doing what he does but for free, albeit Chad's version comes on vinyl and has color coded bits.

Another member of the group had a disagreement with Chad about even bringing this up, saying that threats would start coming OPs direction at this site, and frankly that's why I'm here. Chad seemed that this wasn't his aim and stated he even linked to OP's file for everyone in the group to download if they wanted to, and didn't seem outwardly aggressive at all.

OP, please send me those screenshots

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

Graphic designers, just like other artists, create stuff for work and for fun.  For me, this was a fun DIY project.  The material I printed this on is 54in, so of course I'm going to print extras to avoid material waste and offer them to other Helix users until they're depleted.    

Now if we were using his created file, then a genuine complaint is warranted.  

Besides, I would hope Line 6 is taking notes from this thread and will put these labels on the top panel for the Helix 2 when it's released.  

It looks like it would be a fun project and I'd probably try my hand at it for at least the output connections and the USB, which are all I really touch these days, but I'm a fan of the sleek plain look of the Helix as-is

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:02 AM, swift141 said:

Why is this not available still ? i cannot see a link !

The original poster felt bullied by an individual who sells after-market accessories for Line6 products.  Here's my rotated version that fits on US letter paper. The only folks with legal claim to this layout are Line6.  If a Line6 representative wants this removed, just say the word.  Otherwise, here 'tis.

Update:  Line 6 personnel have pointed out that this graphic contains a registered trademark.  Please see below for an updated graphic.

Edited by snhirsch
Avoid IP legal issues
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Be careful,... making one yourself and using is one thing. Distributing it with Line 6 logos,

L6 Link and Helix labeling on it, might a problem. It's better to check with Line 6 about this before

putting it out there. There may be trademark issues. I don't want to see anyone get in trouble over this.

I'll pick our legal person's brain about this, see what they think.

That's a fair point.  I have removed the Line 6 logo.  Updated, rotated drawing is attached.  I will delete the earlier attachment.

If there are remaining IP objections from Line 6 I will be glad to delete the entire PDF and call it a day.

Edited by snhirsch
Too many IP issues

Been getting with legal and marketing about this. It's not a problem, so long as you

remember to not have any trademarks, logos or branding on the template, stuff like

Helix, Line 6, and maybe the L6 Link. As those are all trademarks.

Remember, when things like trademarks and such are part of it, it's always a good idea

to check with us first. And maybe digitally edit the photos from the earlier posts here.

Yeah snhirsch, you have the right idea, thanks. Though AES/EBU is a standard, I think the

L6 Link is trademarked if I recall. Might want to play it safe on that one as well, maybe

label it 110-Ohm instead of L6 Link.

Always looking out for you all. Nice to see the enthusiasm. Aside from,... enjoy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, psarkissian said:

Been getting with legal and marketing about this. It's not a problem, so long as you

remember to not have any trademarks, logos or branding on the template, stuff like

Helix, Line 6, and maybe the L6 Link. As those are all trademarks.

Remember, when things like trademarks and such are part of it, it's always a good idea

to check with us first. And maybe digitally edit the photos from the earlier posts here.

Yeah snhirsch, you have the right idea, thanks. Though AES/EBU is a standard, I think the

L6 Link is trademarked if I recall. Might want to play it safe on that one as well, maybe

label it 110-Ohm instead of L6 Link.

Always looking out for you all. Nice to see the enthusiasm. Aside from,... enjoy.

Is Variax trademarked? That would be another thing on the sticker.