Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD 400 Dual Mode...WTF?

summerdreams

Hi there,

as I dont like any extra colouring (live cabs) when I go into a tube poweramp/real guitarcab with the pod hd 400.....the problem with the dual output mode is: when I turn off the cabsims in "Edit" ("no cabs"), it is also disables them on the studio output side (xlr balanced outs). So I have to use an external device for that...not nice!

How do you deal with that...

thanks
Olly

You get rid of the guitar cab and use a FRFR system like a powered P.A. cab.  

Does the HD400 support dual amp patches like the HD500 ?  Then you could have one amp without a cab panned hard left and another amp panned hard right with a cab that each go to the respective outputs.

If it can't do that then you should have spent the extra hundred bucks for the HD500.

If you use the dual mode, you just have to live with the amp output getting the live cab (no mic) and the PA getting the full cab...The live cab is tuned for the DT amplifiers...No way around it in the 400. Not sure if you tube power amp has a presence control or not, but I found that to work pretty well when I used the Spider Valves with the HD400 in Dual Mode...basically get the highend right on the amp for the room...It worked pretty well for me...With the DT amps I really did not have the problem since I used the System Link, but the live cabs worked really well, better than running with no cab IMO...Good luck.