Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Amp Only UNIT?

chechunka

Hi!

First I have to say that I love Line 6.  You've made products over the years that are icons in the industry.

Question:  Now that you have released an effects only version of the HELIX in the New HX are there any plans of releasing an amp simulation only version of the HELIX?

Thanks!

This is just a guess,  but I seriously doubt it...imho, there wouldn't be enough folks looking for amp modeling with no FX. The HX Effects unit made sense... there are plenty of guys who steadfastly refuse to give up their tube amps, but who would welcome an all-in-one FX solution, instead of dragging around huge pedal boards. But the other way? I don't see enough of a demand...

Regardless, this is a user forum,  and posts from "official" L6 folk are few and far between. And historically, L6 is very tight-lipped about new gear, anyway. There are only a few guys  in here who might actually know the answer, and they likely won't be talking.

• Like 1

You're probably right.  I just would love to see them drop something that could compete cost wise with the Kemper.  The HELIX is great, but I love my pedalboard - as do all the other players at my church.  Having something they could all plug in and go would be awesome.  Otherwise they practice all week on their own rig and then have to try to find a way to dial things in on a helix and that isn't practical for us right now.  Kemper's financially aren't practical for us so is Line 6 dropped an alternative to the Kemper - that would be an AWESOME solution for us, and likely a lot of other churches as well.  

get the reg helixc not lt and use send returns for your effects.I wish i bought the reg helix for that feature.I use 6 pedals with my helix that i really like but i also get great amps and additional effects so the helix would be the answer.

• Like 1