Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 69S with PODxt Live

Has anyone hooked up a JTV 69s to a PODxt Live pedal?  I've read that there is limited compatibility between the two, but haven't found documentation on what the limitations are.  Any input is appreciated.  Thank you.

• 2 months later...
On May 5, 2018 at 10:48 PM, rommel003 said:

Has anyone hooked up a JTV 69s to a PODxt Live pedal?  I've read that there is limited compatibility between the two, but haven't found documentation on what the limitations are.  Any input is appreciated.  Thank you.

Yes, when I first got my JTV I connected to my XT live and all the XT was able to do was change what model of guitar on the JTV. No custom tunings are available on the XT. This is all from memory as I switched to HD500x soon after.

Jd

Here is what I found in the XT live documentation:

3-2

Press the Soft Button under the word VARIAX and turn the Effect Tweak knob to choose ON or OFF to tell PODXT Live whether you’d like it control the Variax. When control is enabled, PODXT Live can change Variax models as you change PODXT Live channels, as described on page 4•10

pretty sure it change my JTV when I had it connected via the VDI. 

Jd

I've used VDI between JTV59 - XT Live.  It changed presets and passed signal but that's it. 

Of all the things Helix is clearly better at, volume pedal sweep curve with XT line products still wins hands down.  Well, the XT tuner is arguably better too.