Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ASIO failure?

After upgrading from windows 7 to 10 I have no ASIO sound drivers. All the programs that use it seem to either not recognize them or crash. I have Fast Track C600, along with Line 6 Tone Port.

Can anyone help me straighten this out please?

ASIO failure.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Since the last post, I've been still fighting this mess. I can't seem to get everything to work on just one driver as before! The TonePort UX2. I have completely abandoned/ uninstalled the Fast Track driver in an effort to minimize the confusion. I did however install ASIO4all. I prefer to use, and monitor through my Tone Port UX2.  Here is where I am Now. After doing the complete driver Uninstall re-install suggested by Line6 support, I can't get the line 6 driver to work in all my applications with just one setting (haven't since the OS change). The last problem was the L6driver wouldn't initiate in the stand alone version of Guitar Rig5 without me first opening the POD stand alone application..then didn't seem to matter if I then closed the POD... the GR5 still worked through the L6D, until I reboot then back to the same. But, if I went to the win> control panel> sound  where the line 6 Tone Port is set as my default devise, and unchecked "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device, then the driver would work in GR5 but not in amplitude4 anymore! So I'm really confused here. Oh and in the stand alone amplitude4 the TonePort won't even show up as a ASIO driver. I've been chasing my tail here for three weeks!

How exactly am I to set it up so the Tone Port UX2 is my sole sound source? And I monitor (everything) I do regarding sound through my T.P. UX2 headphone jack as before?

amplitude no driver.PNG

Aplications errors with line6.PNG

Error.PNG

I mean if you try the same thing with the Fastrak does the same thing happen? Trying to tell if its a driver thing or a host thing.

I see the tricks out there to keep it running in windows 10. If it all possible it would be good to use. The drivers are MUCH faster than the Line 6 drivers

http://kailuamusicschool.com/tech/round-trip-latency-roundup/

No. And thanks for asking again,

cause it jogged my brain. I tried installing the Fast Track driver again. It seems to work flawlessly in all instances. Except two..Yea you guessed it, both POD, and gearbox. In POD Farm the input in the default channel 1 has no sound, but if I manually select the channel 2 it works as intended using the Fast Track driver. However when I close and re open it defaults right back to the ch 1 input under File> Preferences> Hardware. Any way to correct this?

default.PNG

no other option.PNG