Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Freezing Up and Rogue Effects Blocks

GuitarMan191

Hello all, I purchased a Helix LT a few weeks ago and I love it but I have a few small technical issues with it:

1. Every so often, the Helix will freeze up. None of the footswitches or controls will work. There is signal but its trapped in whatever patch and snapshot it was in before it froze. Only way I've found to escape is to restart the Helix. This isn't a good option on stage since it takes a good 20 seconds or so to reboot, so is there any reason why it might be doing this? And if so, what kind of fixes might there be? BTW its an LT with 2.54 software.

2. Sometimes even when I've saved an effects block as on, they'll come up as off when I return to the patch. Things that I want on all the time like one of my IR's and the compressor I put at the end of my chain to kind of even all the snapshots out are the only ones that seem to do this. Not sure why it does this since I'll go in and turn them all on again and save it but every once in awhile those kind of effects blocks are off when I return to said patch.

Any help would be appreciated! 

THX!!

GuitarMan191 

• 1 year later...

Same here...knobs don't work anymore...can not switch to an other snapshot...not switch to another preset. Everything freezes...my Helix Lt is became worthless on stage. Is there a solution for this huge problem? Can i return to the version before? There was no problem at all what so ever in the other version. Exept the issue with Garageband (latency)

13 hours ago, franky-lattre said:

Same here...knobs don't work anymore...can not switch to an other snapshot...not switch to another preset. Everything freezes...my Helix Lt is became worthless on stage. Is there a solution for this huge problem? Can i return to the version before? There was no problem at all what so ever in the other version. Exept the issue with Garageband (latency)

Are you absolutely sure you didn't accidently hit the mode button and it's waiting for further input on which mode?

14 hours ago, franky-lattre said:

Have you tried a reset of the global settings (FS5+6) or a rebuild of your presets(FS10+11)?

Maybe it's similar to the problem on the Helix Floor.  > https://line6.com/support/topic/49397-no-mode-option-stuck-in-snapshot/?tab=comments#comment-306600

You can return to the version before. Just install the firmware/software you want. (...best then load a backup,  that was created in this previous version)