Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Updater with HX effects

jlawrence2158

I guess if HX Effects Unit is already running the latest software (2.54.0) then the Line6 Updater 1.14 doesn't show my hardware device? Using Microsoft's "USB Device Viewer" I can see the device so I know the operating system is recognizing it. But I'm confused because the after signing in successfully, the Line6 Update shows only "Select Device to update" and no devices are shown. I do not have the microsoft app open at the same time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you downloaded and installed the HX Edit installation package? This contain the drivers you need. Line 6 Updater won't recognize the HX Effects unless you've installed the drivers.

9 hours ago, phil_m said:

Have you downloaded and installed the HX Edit installation package? This contain the drivers you need. Line 6 Updater won't recognize the HX Effects unless you've installed the drivers.

This ^^^^^!  You need that Windows driver! Once you have the driver installed make sure HX Edit is not open when you use the Updater. Try alternate USB ports if the device is still not being recognized.  As a last resort you can try a different computer or USB cable. Every once in a while it turns out to be a bad cable.

18 hours ago, phil_m said:

thx ! it works ! ...just wondering why Line 6 has an updater without drivers.... ;-P