Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No where else to turn to before I return My Helix

leadplayer420

So the issue is solved THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH for the input this is a great community. 

Wonderful to read that you got it working. Now if you please, would you modify/change the thread/topic by adding "SOLVED" at the end?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to let everyone know the final outcome as so many were so very helpful. I returned the Helix Floor Unit and ordered a Helix Rack ( I orig wanted the rack but they were sold out when I ordered the first time). The new unit it 100% better than the first. I am hearing some of the blocks getting digitally distorted and there are some artifacts as well in the highly overdriven patches but this seems to only be the case with a few preamp/amp models and this seems to be somewhat of a normal complaint about these units. I almost went with a gt1000 because the highly overdriven patches seem to be a bit better, but this unit is so far ahead of the game on all other amp models and effects this was just to good to pass over. Again thanks so much for all he responses and help, this community was another reason I gave another helix unit a shot instead of getting a lesser GT-1000. Cyas around!!!!

On 6/10/2018 at 9:06 PM, leadplayer420 said:

I am hearing some of the blocks getting digitally distorted and there are some artifacts as well in the highly overdriven patches but this seems to only be the case with a few preamp/amp models and this seems to be somewhat of a normal complaint about these units.

Only if you don't set the patch up properly. Guitar pad off with hot pickups, too much gain, ch vol too high, high eq cut in cab block when you should use a separate EQ block, poorly judged frequency for high EQ cut etc. Get it right and it will sound just fine - don't automatically blame the unit - assume it's you. Helix is complicated and it takes a bit of time to get the hang of it and nail those basic mistakes...

Maybe also change the thread topic to solved now?