Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Polyphonic effects appear to be coming to Line6!

HonestOpinion

It looks like polyphonic effects may be coming to Line6 and perhaps the HX devices. That would be awesome! Listen to the video just past 49 minutes in. If this comes to fruition on the HX line of devices I am beyond revved. Btw, the section where DI discusses polyphonic processing also implies an improved tuner. Apparently they now have a team that has prior experience working with polyphonic processing elsewhere. One of my overriding impressions from this video is that some of the most talked about and desirable items on Helix users' wishlists, changes that Line6 are typically very tight-lipped about, are under heavy consideration or already in development at Line6. There appears to be some really exciting stuff coming to the HX line. Check out the link from The Gear Page as well as the Helix Hour video.

Quote from Line6's Frank Ritchotte on TGP

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/26383728/

The Helix Hour video with Eric Klein (DigitalIgloo). This video has so much information I had never heard before regarding the HX device line. It includes some tasty tidbits regarding the merging of Yamaha and Line6 under the same corporate umbrella. This is the first time I have actually heard specifics from anyone at Line6 regarding how that alliance might be leveraged. Also appears that Yamaha and Line6 guitar production is joining forces in a big way in California. Details on the PowerCab and as mentioned polyphonic processing. No new specific details on the 2.6 firmware but it is coming and probably soon, they are in beta testing, as had been hinted at earlier the clean channels of the Lonestar and Friedman amps will be included (the last firmware update delivered the dirty channels for these amps). They mention they are working on new reverbs. There's a handy tip about using snapshots as a way to do A/B comparisons of different preset changes. A couple of interesting notes regarding touchscreens. Eric(DI) has been promoted to Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha's guitar division, oh no! Congratulations, but I hope he keeps at least a toe in HX and particularly Helix development. Could be a great era for Variax and TransAcoustic guitar development. Lots 'o other great stuff regarding future direction in this video within the limits of what can be disclosed! It is a must-see!

7 hours ago, duncann said:

One thing that caught my attention was the word feedbacker.

IMHO a feedbacker should be included with every modeler regardless of make or model. It is the best way for IEM users to be able to get feedback and can make it infinitely easier for FRFR users as well. Not to speak of all the creative possibilities it offers in general. Depending on how the modeler is monitored, lack of proper feedback is one of the last technical barriers remaining that can negatively differentiate modeling with FRFR or IEM from using old-school analog amps. Would love to see this come to the Helix.

• Upvote 1

I would love to see some improvements on the variax side of things. Like many have suggested before, getting helix’s technology into a variax. I love my variax but it would be nice to see some improvements considering that the tech inside of the variax is eight years old and in computer years is a long time. Plus, would love to see a variax bass guitar. Totally stoked about the polyphonic, feedback, and new models that will come in the future. 

If we’re talking sonic improvements, I’d like to see some improvements made to the power amp modeling to make the Helix sound more like a real tube amp even through a solidstate poweramp, and some more clarity in the overall modeling. The Helix is getting so, so close tho. May be selling my Axe FX in the future

45:28 in the Helix Hour show Eric said specifically something about trying the OCD pedal with the EVH... I guess his subconcious betrayed him there and revealed more than he was supposed to... Hahahaha... Maybe the sound engineers and modeling team are cooking up the High Gain Monsters we metalheads have been waiting for so long... It doesn´t necessarily have to be in the 2.6 firmware... But I´m gonna quit the guessing drama because DI gets snarky when speculations rise up and I don´t want that to happen because he´s a great guy...

Looking forward to 2.6