Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 4CM with Orange Rocker Verb Power Issue

jdoughton

I have tried using My Helix Floor with my Orange Rocker Verb MKIII using the 4CM 

The issue I have is this. When I use the 4CM template I loose all preamp control of my amp 

IE: Gain channel and Clean Channel volumes control nothing all the way up or down still same volume. Volume knob on Helix is the only thing that controls volume. 

When I make a new preset the channel volumes work however there is a HUGE power suck unless I have the helix volume turned all the way up. With the Helix volume at halfway I can turn my amp to all the way up and its like its working at 10% power.

If I go guitar to amp direct you cant be in the same room with the amp at halfway.

I called Line 6 support and I could hear the Doe in the Headlights look'

The Tech said 4CM template is perfect to start with but it clearly does not work with my amp 

He also said it may be my amp however if I use pedals ( Memory Man, Exotic Boost ect) in the Orange FX loop they work with the amp just like it should.

I assigned the Helix FX Look and outputs to Instrument lever and have tried Line Level with the FX loop on the Helix and no change.

Can anyone help me here 

Thanks 

Rather than using templates it is always better to understand what you're doing and start with a blank preset.

First: What level is your Rockerverb FX Loop, is it Instrument or Line? Let me assume it's instrument level (for pedals), then you would:

Preparation (Global Settings):

Set Send1/Return1 on the Helix to Instrument Level.

Set the main out on the Helix to Instrument Level. 

Run guitar in through main guitar input.

Use Send 1 to go to the front in of the amp.

Go from the amp FX Loop SEND, to your Helix Return 1. 

Go from your Main out Left to the FX Loop RETURN of the Orange. 

Now with a blank patch, your guitar will directly play into the poweramp of the Orange, because the Send/Return is not used yet, you basically cut out the Orange Preamp.

To get the Orange back in, you place a Send/Return block somewhere in the middle of your empty patch. Send1/Return1. If you activate it, you will again hear the preamp of your Orange. Place any pre effects (OD, Comp, Wah, ...) left from the send/return block, all post fx (delay, reverb, ...) right from it.

Let me know if you can figure it out. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there gang

I'm experiencing similar issues with my HX Effects. When using 4CM the overall volume of the amp drops drastically... tone is struggling as well. I've got all my outs on the HX set to instrument level as well as the loop on my amp.

Strange thing is that running direct in to the front of the amp it sounds fine, and just running it in the loop sounds fine as well, but when I go 4CM I've got to crank up the gain and master considerably to get the same volume... Even if no effects are active.. And the tone really suffers as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!