Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Joystick not working (pushing or selecting)

pininon

Hi guys;

Last night the joystick on my Helix stop working. Still works as twisting knob but not as "push botton". I can´t select anything on the screen. Does anybody has this issue before..? I have performed an update and a reboot after the problem appears without succes.

Edited by pininon
spelling

Well...since the Helix doesn't have a mouse, I'm assuming you're referring to the joystick.  I had the same thing happen to me on one of my units and it's evidently some flaw in a solder joint.  I opened a ticket with support, sent it in on Monday and got it back fixed on Friday.  No cost to me because it was under warranty and that included overnight shipping both ways.

This will sound weird but I'm being sincere:  have you tried pressing it more firmly?  I had opened a ticket (like DDragon suggests) and was about to send my unit in when I tried it "one more time for luck."  A more-firm press was all it took.

Good luck! 

thank you guys for the comments!!!, I have just realize that neither the joystick and software open the menu list or chosse something...!! So the problem is not mechanical it may be in the software or processor..I'm lost here..!!

Somebody has experience this before..?

18 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

I'm looking to buy Helix LTs for all of our kids' bands for our school. This joystick issue is frightening, but will it have any effect on programming from the editor? I don't want them programming stuff directly on the unit anyway

Yes, you can still work with the Helix editor´s software and make patches (studio, homeworks, desk works or recordig) etc...but it will definetly be a major problem in live situations.

15 hours ago, pininon said:

Yes, you can still work with the Helix editor´s software and make patches (studio, homeworks, desk works or recordig) etc...but it will definetly be a major problem in live situations.

i'm not so sure about that , unless you're trying to create patches as you go along in front of the audience ;)

13 hours ago, shanecgriffo said:

i'm not so sure about that , unless you're trying to create patches as you go along in front of the audience ;)

absolutelly..!! you are right...but if for any reason you need to change anything (like for example global settings) , you'll be in trouble. Because the joystick also works to select outputs, settins, etc and it won't let you choose from that menu either.

Its an expensive risk to take for sure...but in my case, the patches will be programmed, and they will be programmed so that there is one set of outs with no cab emulation for onstage guitar amps and another set of outs with the cab on for PA. I'm hoping that will deal with any and all situations. I know being able to change some global EQ would be nice, but I'm not super duper concerned about that one.

As long as their tuners and switching still work, I should be ok. The other option is to send them out with my computer setups, but I figure thats a step up in complexity and a step down in reliability

• 1 month later...