Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using an old XT Live as the nerve center!

Since the XT Live can function as a USB interface AND sends MIDI over USB, I figured it might be able to fill both of those functions when using your computer to replace racks and racks full of amps and signal processing gear, such as in the REAPER Live Pedalboard Project

So far so good, first test:

Doing a fine job of sending CC's, I will next set up the auto engage for the wah function, remap the rest of the pedals so we have tap tempo and tuner and if that is all successful, I'll post a new set of files so anyone can try this as well.

I'm betting the HD500X will work even better in this capacity. I'll give the Firehawk a try as well, though, due to the nature of its drivers, it cannot function as the interface, but should possibly work as the MIDI controller

10 hours ago, pipelineaudio1 said:

I'll give the Firehawk a try as well, though, due to the nature of its drivers, it cannot function as the interface,

???

You should be able to use it as an audio in the same fashion as the XT. 

You can't cut the send from the guitar input to the Firehawk FX the way you can on the pod drivers, so at best you'd have a parallel signal. The XT live has a monitor fader allowing you to control the level of or eliminate the direct monitoring path, the Firehawk, like the Amplifi has no way to turn that off

Just tested though, the firehawk works well as a MIDI controller...and really, if you only want to use the computer for parallel FX it works OK as an interface, although, like the AMplifi, it has horrendous Round Trip Latency compared to the Pod ASIO drivers, in parallel that shouldn't matter much.