Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx edit no audio

randalnaranjo

Hey guys and gals.  Just got a Helix lt and am trying to use the hx edit software.  I have it connected to my Mac but am not getting any out put through my monitors.  I can use garage band and get audio but nothing with the Line 6 software.  There is signal and I can edit the Helix from my computer but can not hear anything.  I'm sure its something simple that i am over looking.

You also could configure Helix as primary soundcard/audio interface for your Mac (don't know if this works - never had a Mac), then the monitors should work for this.

8 hours ago, mikisb said:

You also could configure Helix as primary soundcard/audio interface for your Mac (don't know if this works - never had a Mac), then the monitors should work for this.

Yes, and he has to connect the monitors to the Helix. He didn’t say to which device his monitors are connected, I guess they are connected now to his Mac and not to the Helix, and thats why there is no sound.

I also don’t have a Mac, I have my monitors connected to my Helix LT (via a small mixer), and my LT connected to a Windows laptop (via usb). Every sound (from Helix as well as from laptop) comes out of my monitors, no special configuration needed.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply guys.   my set up is as follows.  helix lt to mac via usb.  output is m audio monitors connected to a presonus interface and the interface is connected to my mac via usb.  i could just run a 1/4 inch out from the helix into the interface or just open garage band so I can hear the helix.  

15 hours ago, randalnaranjo said:

thanks for the reply guys.   my set up is as follows.  helix lt to mac via usb.  output is m audio monitors connected to a presonus interface and the interface is connected to my mac via usb.  i could just run a 1/4 inch out from the helix into the interface or just open garage band so I can hear the helix.  

Connect your monitors to Helix and not your interface. Helix operates as an interface, so just abandon the your presonus interface. 

• 2 years later...

I usually run a session of Logic Pro X alongside HX edit so that I can hear what im playing through the headphones on the MACBOOK, and that way I can jam along with our stems, or youtube or Apple Music or so. works well this way so I don't have to bring an interface with me every time I want to practice in the bedroom.

1 hour ago, gilbog said:

I usually run a session of Logic Pro X alongside HX edit so that I can hear what im playing through the headphones on the MACBOOK, and that way I can jam along with our stems, or youtube or Apple Music or so. works well this way so I don't have to bring an interface with me every time I want to practice in the bedroom.

The post you're replying to is over two years old ;) But that said, if you connect Helix to your Mac, it can be used as your system soundcard. Headphones plugged into the Helix headphone port will let you hear everything including your Mac audio, and you get the added benefit of almost zero latency by monitoring straight from the Helix.

I've seen so many posts like this I'm starting to think Helix should come with a big sticker on it that says "If you connect me to your computer via USB, plug your headphones or monitors into ME, not your Mac/PC!" ;)