Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab Edit

tayamaj

Anyone know how to use this app?  There are no manuals and the powercab manual says you can drag and drop IRs.   It won't let you drag and drop anything, so I imported IRs into the Impulse tab, but how do I load into a preset?   Tried copying from Impulse tab, then paste into Preset tab, but I don't know if the sound loaded correctly.  The amp shows the name, but I can't tell much different in the different IRs I copy/pasted into the Preset tab.  Disappointed that there's not a better explanation on how to use the app. 

I do not own the amp at the moment but on the download page for the Powercab Edit, it says that there is an issue. Only 48k Hz .wav files are accepted at the moment. (I hope they will fix this problem soon.) Therefore I'd suggest you to check your IR files if they have the same frequency range.

I have loaded 48k IR’s that I’ve used on the Helix and they aren’t working. No sound at all. I don’t get an error message just no sound. Any ideas?

UPDATE: it looks like the IR’s I was using weren’t actually 48k. They worked in the Helix but not the Power Cab. Converted them and they work!!

Unfortunately, the software is somewhat buggy in the current Version.

The buttons with the arrows up and down do not work properly. The levels and the mic distance can only be adjusted in 5 (dB / Inch) steps with the slider.

And the application crashes reproducibly when you click the arrow up button for Level Adjustment twice.

It would be helpful if Line6 would program the input of numerical values via keyboard in the Software.

And one voicing  is named differently in the manual than in the software. Instead of LF Solo, there is LF Raw.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:29 AM, tayamaj said:

Anyone know how to use this app?  There are no manuals and the powercab manual says you can drag and drop IRs.   It won't let you drag and drop anything, so I imported IRs into the Impulse tab, but how do I load into a preset?   Tried copying from Impulse tab, then paste into Preset tab, but I don't know if the sound loaded correctly.  The amp shows the name, but I can't tell much different in the different IRs I copy/pasted into the Preset tab.  Disappointed that there's not a better explanation on how to use the app. 

Were you now able to use IR's? If not, then try this: You have to do 2 steps in order to use IR's. In the Impulses tab you import your file and save it, so it is saved it the powercab. Then go back to the preset tab. Click on a free preset (click on its square) and then choose on the right hand side User IR and there choose your saved impulse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...