Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hear the Variax While in Workbench

What do I need to be able to do to hear my Variax while connected to Workbench?  I want to be able to hear the changes I make to the guitar but for the life of me, can't figure it out.  If it matters, I'm running a Mac.

I have read all the manuals and tried searching this forum and YouTube.  I know I'm doing something stupid or missing something simple...

8 hours ago, JeepenTJ said:

What do I need to be able to do to hear my Variax while connected to Workbench?  I want to be able to hear the changes I make to the guitar but for the life of me, can't figure it out.  If it matters, I'm running a Mac.

I have read all the manuals and tried searching this forum and YouTube.  I know I'm doing something stupid or missing something simple...

It depends on how you're connecting to the computer... if you're using the wretched USB dongle, then your only option is to plug into an amp with the 1/4" cable. If you're using another L6 device as an interface (POD, Helix, etc), then you should have no trouble hearing the changes you're making in Workbench while listening through whatever you normally use to monitor the sound... headphones, studio monitors, etc. I do it that way all the time.