Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V and G10T: amp doesn't recognize transmitter when plugged into guitar

randman21

Hello folks! I've had my Spider V 240HC and Relay G10T for less than a year.

The two devices worked fine together until I noticed that the G10T no longer works when plugged in to my guitar. It recognizes the transmitter when charging, but the little battery symbol on the Spider V display disappears once I switch it to the guitar.

I've fully charged the transmitter, reinstalled the latest firmware for the Spider V (it was already installed, so no surprise that didn't help), and tried multiple guitars, all to no avail. I can't seem to find answers to this specific problem, so has anyone has this experience and solved it? I can't seem to get Line 6 Updater to recognize the transmitter so I can update its firmware.

I sold my tube amps and pedals, and bought the Spider V for ease of use, but it hasn't been a good showing so far. It sounds great live, but between the blown speaker in my Spider head, this wireless issue and the problems that my guitarist has with his Spider V, I'm not sure if it's worth so much hassle. Anyway, thanks for reading!

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem . Phones mode needed to be LINE instead of PHONE. You get to this menu by holding the Home button and scrolling down past the wireless settings

Edited by jethro68
found solution

• 3 years later...