Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10 sleep mode ni its base. Always on!!!

ROBALLUSUS

Hi

just dont like leaving any electronic Device on , all the time, day and night.

i d love to know , if chance, 

how long time of charging i Need, to use the g10 with muy guitar , f.ex. 2 hours.

(20 minutes? 45?)

i d love to leave the device tottally off, and before using it, do a “fast charge “

is it possible? Reccomended?

might i shorten the battery life doing that?

thanx a Lot 

The transmitter is fully charged when the Green LED stops flashing. Charging times vary obviously depending on use. If you leave the transmitter in the base with no power to the base be sure to pull out the transmitter about 1/4" so that the transmitter does not stay in sleep mode with the microswitch depressed. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, ROBALLUSUS said:

If I do that, (leave it separed, not in the sleep mode) what happens ?

i don’t get the difference , sorry 

If the switch on the G10 is not depressed by contact with the guitar output jack or the charging jack, the G10 will be OFF, consuming no current. In sleep mode, which is activated when the switch is depressed and there is no guitar signal present, the G10 will use a reduced amount of current, as it's waiting to be turned back on upon resumption of the guitar signal at its input. In other words, it will consume some current in sleep mode, meaning that the current charge will not last as long as if it had been completely disconnected from either the guitar or charging jack.

I don't know if leaving the G10 in the charger when the charger isn't connected to the power source will result in a discharge or potential battery degradation, but wouldn't be surprised if it did.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, cbrillow said:

If the switch on the G10 is not depressed by contact with the guitar output jack or the charging jack, the G10 will be OFF, consuming no current. In sleep mode, which is activated when the switch is depressed and there is no guitar signal present, the G10 will use a reduced amount of current, as it's waiting to be turned back on upon resumption of the guitar signal at its input. In other words, it will consume some current in sleep mode, meaning that the current charge will not last as long as if it had been completely disconnected from either the guitar or charging jack.

I don't know if leaving the G10 in the charger when the charger isn't connected to the power source will result in a discharge or potential battery degradation, but wouldn't be surprised if it did.

If you wish to leave the G10 Transmitter in the Base Unit -- when power to the base unit is off -- simply pull the G10T about 1/4" out of the jack such that the G10T's microswitch (at the base of the male 1/4" plug) is no longer depressed. This will result in the G10T being Off. If you leave a fully charged G10T inserted in the powered off base unit it will go into Standby Mode after 4 minutes of no signal. A fully charged G10T is rated for 200 Hours in Standby Mode. So that's 8 1/3 Days until the batter is drained. A fully charged G10T battery lasts for weeks so long as the microswitch is not depressed. Mine has gone for as long as a couple of months and still had plenty of remaining charge to be used. 

• Thanks 1