Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 HX Effects - Rubber Feet Removal

Schmeckler

Hi all,

I recently purchased the HX for frequent acoustic duo and solo work. So far it’s great. 

I’m just wondering whether it’s safe - eg will it void my warranty - if I unscrew the rubber feet off and put the screws back in, so that I can velcro the flat surface and mount this to a pedal board?

I’m aware this may be an overly cautious question but I figure better to be safe than sorry.

I’d really love to get confirmation from someone at Line 6.

Cheers!

You may want to find an alternative to just removing the rubber feet as there are ventilation openings on the bottom. So you could leave the rubber feet and find something else, around the same height as the rubber feet, and that spans the width of Helix and enough surface to attach velcro, maybe both sides?

Thanks for the reply. I’m placing it on a Pedaltrain board so I could probably position it such that the vents have ventilation space either way, given Pedaltrain boards are basically just rows  with spaces in between.

My main concern is that the screws aren’t also holding in anything crucial internally, and or if not, that removing the rubber feet won’t void the warranty or anything.

I’m guessing it’s fine but I figure it prudent to check.

In that case, I think you'd probably be fine. When I took mine apart to replace the washers for the expression pedal, I don't recall there being any mechanical advantage for the rubber feet screws other than holding the rubber feet in place. Not 100% sure though.

• 5 months later...

My HX does not have any vents on the bottom. For that matter it does not have vents anywhere. Are there different casings as the models progressed over time? I would like to remove the feet and velcro it to a board too but I don't want to burn it up. Does anyone have it velcroed to a flat solid pedal board with no problems?

6 hours ago, andysimmons said:

I took off the rubber feet, put the screws back in, and attached to my board using this method.
https://origineffects.com/2017/01/13/the-smart-way-to-attach-origin-effects-pedals-to-your-board/

She ain;t budging. 

Brilliant! I just did this to my HX and it is solid. This will help with resale value too. Thank you so much.

• 2 years later...