Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monitoring Helix LT via a FR monitor using which output?

Revvaloon

Hi Guys, I just got my Helix LT and am planning on running a stereo setup using 2 x XLR outputs to the FOH but was wondering how can I have a FRFR monitor linked up to my Helix LT as my personal monitor? Is it possible to have it done directly from the Helix LT to the monitor, and if so, which output should I be using?

Thanks.

Another thing to consider in this configuration is to go into global setting ins/outs and change XLR Outputs to Mic, and the Volume Knob Controls setting to 1/4".  What this will do is send a full mic level signal to the board that won't be affected by changes you may make to the Helix volume knob for your on stage monitor level.  You'd still need to make sure all your presets and snapshots are all normalized to the same relative volume levels.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Just use the left 1/4 output which will sum to mono, or if going stereo both, of the 1/4 outputs for your monitors.

Do I need to set anything in global preferences to do this? I am just going to have it output to 1 monitor.

2 hours ago, Revvaloon said:

Do I need to set anything in global preferences to do this? I am just going to have it output to 1 monitor.

No, on the back of the Helix you plug your monitor into the 1/4" labeled Left/mono. 

• Like 1