Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm confused...

SteveBeaujacks

Hi all, I'm confused... The HX Effects manual says "Each preset can run up to nine simultaneous blocks" but there are only 6 footswitches for effects so how does that work? Where do the extra blocks go and does that mean that one footswitch can turn on/off more than one block? Or are these extra blocks without footswitches on all the time in that preset?

Yep, you can have up to nine blocks per preset. To see them all, you go to Signal Flow view. As far as bypassing them, you can assign more than one block to a footswitch, and there’s also Snapshots, which allow to control the bypass states of multiple blocks within a preset at the same time. It’s a different workflow than the M9 and M13.

Further to what @phil_m has said... there are some effects you don't need on a footswitch.

Some players have "always on pedals" and that will differ from player to player.  Some blocks like volume pedals, corrective EQ and IR's don't usually need a switch but you can assign one if you want.

I don't view the footswitches as a 1 to 1 relationship with the pedals. I build my board in the "signal flow" page, then assign footswitches to the effects I need instant access to. It is so rare that I need all 6 I am experimenting with changing the global to "4 stomp mode" so I can have the snapshot up/down on the same screen. 

• Upvote 1

I don't view the footswitches as a 1 to 1 relationship with the pedals.

Agreed. I don't need a pedal (or a footswitch for every effect used). For example is a reverb which I would usually leave on the entire song anyway.