Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native on Doubletracked DI L+R Stereo Track

bc05

Hey all

A number of amp sims allow you to take two hard panned guitar DI tracks routed to a Group Guitar track then apply ONE instance of the VST that amplifies them both (saving Precious CPU)

Is this possible with Helix Native?

I cant figure it out and multiple instances of Helix Native eat my CPU compared to TH3 Overloud for example..

Help?

If I understand you correctly I believe the signal routing options and features in Helix Native will allow you to do what you want in a single instance of Helix Native. In fact there are several ways to do it.

For instance, each New Preset in Helix Native is an empty preset containing no processing blocks and with the Path 2 Input set to None. Change the Path 2 Input to Host and you now have two independent signal paths each with the mono guitar track as its input. I think this is what you want. You can pan each path hard L and hard R at the Output block  if you wish, but be aware that both processing paths are stereo so doing that defeats any stereo processing blocks you may have placed in either path.

For more details about signal routing options I refer you to the Helix Native Pilot's Guide, particularly the section entitled The Signal Flow Window.

• Like 1

I struggled with this also and line 6 tech help wasn't helpful.  The manual explains it on page 24/25 and there are a couple of steps to make it work. First, any effects before or after your amps need to be stereo.  The not so obvious next step is the split and merge settings. If you right click those settings there are additional panning options.  What I do is create a split on Path A with an amp on each split.  I setup my amps as I want them and then right click on the merge block and the end of path A.  That's where you can pan left/right there. I then send path a to path b where I put my stereo time based effects.    

I can upload a patch if you like. The only drawback with this method is helix native limits how cpu intensive you can make patches so as to remain compatible with helix hardware.