Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

error code Workbench HD failed to write to the guitar 8000000a

Anyone else getting this error code?  Every time I make a  change on workbench HD - eg pick up volume change - I get this error code. Also I get this error code as soon as my JTV has connected to the software. Really annoying! Can anyone help? I am using a Helix also. 

Thanks, 

PS I have attached a screenshot 

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.03.39.png

If you also have HX Edit running at the same time, try closing it before you muck around in Workbench... depending on the computer, they don't always play nice together. One or the other might lose connection. Sometimes it'll happen, sometimes it won't. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still getting problems with this - has anyone else had problems with their variax disconnecting from workbench HD?? - it is driving me nuts and making me want to sell the bloody thing. Every 10mins the guitar disconnects from WB; i can reconnect by unplugging the cable from my variax but this is clearly very annoying and spoils my work flow. Any advice/assitance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 

thanks - i've tried different USB ports, unfortunately the same problem. I'm not using a USB hub either. I've searched the forums and I can't find any solutions/other people having the same problem. Any other ideas? I've done a re-install of both the firmware and WB - still no better. When I unplug the cable and then replug it, the connection is fine. But after 10 mins or so it loses the connection. Very annoying when trying to edit sounds etc. 

No just workbench hd. Strangely I got it working for over an hour today. But then after the hour the same problem returned. Seems very odd. Also, sometimes my model knob gets stuck and i can't go back to magnetic pickups. Equally odd! Doesn't sound as though many others have had/are having similar problems. Thanks for your help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this problem. My JTV 89 disconnects from workbench HD. I cannot connect back until I unplug the variax and the USB from my POD XT live. Restart the POD XT and connect the variax. It also freezes my model knob. Sometimes I have to take the battery out of my variax to reset it. It seems like my variax dies completely...no lights or battery lights until I take the battery out and put it back in. My POD is connected to my computer by USB, and my variax is connected to my POD with the supplied Line 6 cat 5 cable.

POD XT Live
JTV 89 (2.21)
Windows 7
Workench hd (2.13)