Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

(Solved) FBV Express MII - expression pedal not working

New unit about 2 weeks old. A/B/C/D buttons and toe click works, but the expression no longer register changes at all. I calibrated when I got it and it worked perfect. 

Now when I calibrate either connected to my POD HD with the provided lan cable OR just connected to a USB port for power, the LEDs doesn't change at the last step of calibration, like it is supposed to. There is also no parameter value change in my POD's volume/wah anymore. 

I have not had it connected to any line6 software monkey update server program things, it just stopped working over night without being moved.

Are the build quality really that bad on these units? I used it like 3 evenings at home.. Anyone had similar problems?

First, try connecting it to your computer with the USB cable, register it and download Monkey and check for updated software.  If its still not working, return it to where you bought it for a new one.

1 hour ago, fflbrgst said:

First, try connecting it to your computer with the CAT5 cable, register it and download Monkey and check for updated software.

But if I connect the cat5 cable to my pc, then I have to pull out the ethernet cable and that leaves me with no internet to connect to line6.. I assume the Monkey program cant log in to the server if there is no internet connection  ..?  

Tried flashing, factory restore and updating both board and POD. No luck. Went to the store to get it fixed under warranty, no prob, but ended up trading it in for an old school analog pedal instead. It scared me a bit because it's the second line6 unit that breaks down on me without any abuse, I fear it could happen on a gig. I'll just use the POD on it's own for home practicing and make a reliable pedal board instead.

Thx for help.