Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 or microphone recording out of tune ?

Hello,

I'm planning to start recording and I have  a huge problem with my gear. When any noise goes through my microphone (Shure SM57) and my sound card (Line6 UX2) it goes out of tune, something like half a step lower, no matter if pod farm is on or not. People I chatted with have noticed it and it makes recording impossible. I don't know whether the problem comes from my sound card, my microphone or myself, and I would like some help, I have no idea what's happening.

27 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Sounds like you have a sample rate mismatch somewhere. What DAW are you using?

Literally all I'm using is a shure sm57 that goes into my UX2, which is connected directly to my computer. I just want to record myself in acceptable quality, so this is all i got right now. As for registering, I tried studio one 3, audacity and the windows vocal recorder (for tests) and they all recorded out of tune sound.

I believe the default sample rate for all those is 44.1 kHz, and probably the default sample rate for the UX2 driver is 48 kHz. Try opening up the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices dialog box in the Control Panel in Windows, and you should be able to change it there. It should look something like this (varies a little depending on what version of Windows you're using).

line6_driver.jpg