dannepop

Difference between Sigma IR ACE

Does anyone know the difference between Sigma IRs the first version and the ACE version of the same IRs?

D

According to 3Sigma, the ACE version "were created with our updated approach to modeling, resulting in a more linear and pleasing overall frequency response, especially in the high end. They use the same technology as our Electric and Acoustic Impulses and Reverbs and, in a majority of cases, will outperform the standard A and B Variations."

You have to try them and compare ... the difference is subtle.

They also just announced a free upgrade to the brand new v2 impulses.  I'll be downloading them after work. I can wait to try them out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, guitarnstuff said:

They also just announced a free upgrade to the brand new v2 impulses.  I'll be downloading them after work. I can wait to try them out.

Thanks for the update!

also, only the bass and guitar cabinet IRs have been updated, not the acoustic IRs. 

I tried the version 2 3Sigma IRs tonight.  It seems that there is better string to string definition and the higher frequencies are tastier.  This was through my studio headphones as the family was sleeping.  I'm looking forward to a trial on the full rig at gig volume next week. 

...good to hear! I'll be trying them this weekend. I was glad to see they updated the IRs in their Helix Vintage Classics collection.