Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V and FBV MKII Express Features

Hey Line 6 Forum, I have a Spider V 30 Watt Amp and was wondering if you could toggle certain effects on or off with the FBV MK2? For Example, could you turn off Distortion and be able to go clean? Or does it just change the Amp settings I have on the preset? I've looked on the forums and haven't found anything concrete and would prefer to get some information rather than spend my money just to return the board. Thanks in advance, -James.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, jamesyes98 said:

I've looked on the forums and haven't found anything concrete and would prefer to get some information rather than spend my money just to return the board. 

You're gonna need a controller anyway ....the Express has the least features of the FBV's

How much time have you spent with the manuals? You  need to check the other FBV's features with the Spider 5..they might not do it either.

FBV /Spider manuals and Spider Edit manuals take some time investment on your part.

Until you go "There" you really have no idea what the set-up will or won't do.

And the Spiders do alot as I'm finding out myself with a Spider IV75.

There are no short-cuts, just hasty decisions.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 7:43 PM, jamesyes98 said:

Hey Line 6 Forum, I have a Spider V 30 Watt Amp and was wondering if you could toggle certain effects on or off with the FBV MK2? For Example, could you turn off Distortion and be able to go clean? Or does it just change the Amp settings I have on the preset? I've looked on the forums and haven't found anything concrete and would prefer to get some information rather than spend my money just to return the board. Thanks in advance, -James.

Same question here.  Seems like Line 6 should be able answer easily.

I can answer.. short answer is No, the MKII does not allow this.

Long answer...

I just bought a Line 6 Spider V 60. I got the FBV MKII Express pedal but I returned after one day. The reason is the following:

Cannot change banks but instead an only select the four presets within a bank.

No control for looper on Spider V.

Cannot turn on/off individual effects within a preset.

I returned and bought an FBV3 which allows the following:

Looper

Switching Banks.

Display shows current preset name.

Ability to turn on/off individual effects using buttons FS1-FS5. FS1 is the compressor and FS5 is the reverb (those two are locked to those positions because of the the way Spider V works). FS2, 3, 4 toggle FX1, FX2, FX3 respectively. These switches also have color LEDs matching the FX seen on Spider V and light up bright or dim depending on effect type in each FX position on or off.