stumblinman

HX Effects bug? Reverb works intermittently

Hey all, long time no see. Went back to analog for everything a few years ago and just picked up HX Fx to slim down my gigging board and also because the demos looked really useful: like Line 6 added some kickass functionality, including foot switches to change between two preset values in an effect. But enough about me!

Built a signal chain and it has the double tank reverb second to last (out of 9) and it will work for a while, and then stop after a bit. I don’t know what causes it, because I only use one patch, so I never change patches. If I do lose reverb, I simply change patches and come right back and it works again. No controllers assigned to any values on that effect.  Mono/single signal path. It just decides to stop reverberating. Anyone else encountered this?

This won't help at all, but it sounds like your unit is emulating my early 80's valve amp, which likes to have the spring reverb just stop, until you switch to standby and back.  Many a tech has looked but not found the issue.  And I'm pretty sure I haven't approved Line 6 emulating it :-)

This is a known bug that’s affecting all the Helix products at the moment. If you stay on a patch for an extended period, the reverb block stop working. The workaround for now, is as the OP said, changing patches. I imagine it should be fixed with the next firmware update.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil. Makes me realize my Friedman doesn’t really need reverb because I don’t miss it until some of the clean stuff I play. Might just pull it out of the patch. Thanks for the info. 

9 hours ago, phil_m said:

This is a known bug that’s affecting all the Helix products at the moment. If you stay on a patch for an extended period, the reverb block stop working. The workaround for now, is as the OP said, changing patches. I imagine it should be fixed with the next firmware update.

Sheesh! I would put this under the heading of urgent fixes. What would an "extended period" be? I tend to change presets often between songs but ballpark how long is it before the reverb stops working if I don't switch presets? Also, does changing snapshots fix it or does it have to be a preset change?

9 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Sheesh! I would put this under the heading of urgent fixes. What would an "extended period" be? I tend to change presets often between songs but ballpark how long is it before the reverb stops working if I don't switch presets? Also, does changing snapshots fix it or does it have to be a preset change?

I haven’t timed it, but it seems like it takes quite a while. The only time I’ve ever noticed it is when I’ve left my Helix on for days at a time and just started playing through a preset that was on my Helix from the prior day.

I don’t know either, because mine is on all the time and, like I said, I only have one patch I use so it’s always on. I’d consider it a significant issue but I’m sure it’s a simple fix. 

First I heard of this one. Yep, pretty major in my opinion

Hi, 

I just went searching in google for a fix for this or at least others who have had this issue.  I've had this issue for well over a year.  I haven't said anything about because of the easy work around.  I am a little concerned, because I play multiple sessions on a Sunday at church and I never switch patches.  It does seem to take about 12hrs before I loose the reverbs though.  I'm glad other have this issue, I was starting to feel like someone was gas lighting me.

Andrew

Here we are many months later and still having same issue.  Perhaps this simple issue can be fixed in 2.80?