Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to use DTedit

chrisblythenz

Hi all

I've FINALLY got a midi cable to connect to the DT25 and updated v2 firmware.  DTedit connects fine and I can make changes and it changes on the amp.  What I can't figure out is that there are 2 preamp sets per channel making 16 possible presets, but i can't see how this works.  There doesnt seem to be a manual anywhere to explain this. 

So, question is, how do I access all 16 amps from my amp when I'm not connected to DTedit?

If you got DT Edit from GitHub, then it is a 3rd party application, so there won't be any documentation for that

here on the official Line 6 site pages, since the application is not our product. If it's not in our Downloads page

or online Manuals page, then you would need to go to the source site where you got the application and get a

manual from there.

There's nothing in the Pilot's guide because it's a 3rd party product, not a Line 6 application,

and so it is not a Line 6 supported product. You will nee to go to the site where you got the

application, and get whatever guide or manual they have from them.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:07 AM, chrisblythenz said:

Hi all

I've FINALLY got a midi cable to connect to the DT25 and updated v2 firmware.  DTedit connects fine and I can make changes and it changes on the amp.  What I can't figure out is that there are 2 preamp sets per channel making 16 possible presets, but i can't see how this works.  There doesnt seem to be a manual anywhere to explain this. 

So, question is, how do I access all 16 amps from my amp when I'm not connected to DTedit?

You'd only be able to access 4 amps when not connected to DTedit using the I, II, III, IV switch. What you program in DTedit for these will correlate once you've applied the programming. Hope this helps. 

Jd

Thanks guys. I’m curious though, without DTedit is the only way to access the different preamps by using a midi controller? I have an HD500 so have the preamps in that anyway, so wondering what people who don’t have a Pod will do to access the new amps 

• 4 weeks later...

wondering what people who don’t have a Pod will do to access the new amps 

They can't unless they use DT EDIT  and a midi interface to change them. Not sure why Line 6 added all those extra preamps - I'm guessing it's more to do with syncing with the HD Pod than letting people in there to change them themselves

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, chrisblythenz said:

Thanks guys. I’m curious though, without DTedit is the only way to access the different preamps by using a midi controller? I have an HD500 so have the preamps in that anyway, so wondering what people who don’t have a Pod will do to access the new amps 

There was an application created by a third party years ago and was sold in the Apple App Store which was for an iPhone or iPad and with the correct midi to iPad/iPhone adapter connected one could control the internal functions. I think it was called DTCustomizer but I'm not sure it's available to buy anymore.

Also there was an app called (I think) MIDI Memo and it could record all of the changes one made to all midi devices connected to the amp (like it's own network). After recording all of ones moves they could be played back and the musician could play in sync with the played back recording of 'the changes' he or she wouldn't even have to think about pressing any buttons (pedal buttons) unless a pause was in order.

There was also some midi controllers with pedal buttons made that could be programmed, I forget the name brand at the moment. You could do a google search and probably find the company.

• 1 month later...