Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FInally rebooted the Toneport GX... what about tones?

Please excuse my stupidity, I bought a Toneport GX what seems like a decade or two ago, now its back up and running, few questions:

1. Cant hear the unit through the windows10 PC, speakers or headphone jack, I have to plug headphones directly into the GX, is that normal? It seems strangely familiar of a problem...

2. Recording would work properly or above issue would affect it?

2. Tones, effects, it seems it only comes with a few, is there ways of getting free tones or effects, having paid for the GX already, it seems silly to plunk down another 100$ on tones when I could go buy a used Line6 product from Craiglist, etc

thx :)

You need to connect speakers and/or headphones directly to the GX, this is the normal and optimal set-up (GX becomes your soundcard).

In your DAW select the Line6 ASIO driver as your device.

Unless you previously purchased PF2 or it came with your GX, you should have PF1 Standard and any additional model packs your purchased. If you installed PF2 you are likely running it trial mode and only have a few models and effects.

With a few exceptions the Toneports come with pPF1 and the POD Studios PF2.