Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Try this patch to compare

leadplayer420

So a week or so ago I was having issues with a horrible overtone in my high gain patches, with all your help I got it mostly fixed but it seems to be comming back. I have a patch file and a recording of my helix playing the patch using the USB direct out. These overtones and low end breakup are coming back again and I am just not sure why, If anyone has the time to try this patch (its a standard patch that came with he 2.5 update) and compare it to my recording I would be greatly appreciative. This community has been the greatest . Many thanks in advance!!!!!!

Line 6 Badonk.hlx

helix2.wma

a little bit of new news, I just purchased Glenn DeLaune high gain amp packs and wow those are really sounding bad ( I know his patches are great just my unit is not producing them properly). 80% of his patches have this horrible sound like an input being overdriven, but my guitar is not overdriving anything the pad is on, ohm setting is auto and all the clean patches are just that prefectly clean and sound correct. Just wanted to update the thread with this thanks

11 hours ago, leadplayer420 said:

So a week or so ago I was having issues with a horrible overtone in my high gain patches, with all your help I got it mostly fixed but it seems to be comming back. I have a patch file and a recording of my helix playing the patch using the USB direct out. These overtones and low end breakup are coming back again and I am just not sure why, If anyone has the time to try this patch (its a standard patch that came with he 2.5 update) and compare it to my recording I would be greatly appreciative. This community has been the greatest . Many thanks in advance!!!!!!

Line 6 Badonk.hlx

helix2.wma

Just downloaded your preset and it sounded very good through my setup, with none of the issues you're describing. The problem is not your preset but somewhere else in the chain. Good luck.

well - if i try to play about the same phrase with Line6 Badonk (Factory1 12D) and recording it via USB with audacity, the character is pretty similar to your recorded wma file. Both listened with 6" Coax Studio monitors. It's just a bit fizzy but this can be corrected with a high cut at about 6 KHz at the 4x12 Cali.

Then i compared both records with my 12" Coax-Monitors (selfmade - so difficult to compare with stock stuff), but the result is the same: No big difference.

With my setup, there's a bit more low-mid, but this can be the difference of the guitar/pic/player. I use a selfmade neckthru walnut-maple-wenge with a selfmade sidewinder (output similar SD SH4) humbucker at the bridge -so, again - difficult to compare.

To me, both sound not bad so i cannot exactly recognize your problem. What do you mean with low end breakup?

I swear i have a lot patches with a lot more fizz without using the Highcut ;)

So i'm with Rocco_Crocco: The problem is not in your Helix but in the chain after the Helix.

The only thing that seems a bit strange to me in the patch is the agressive noisegate. This makes only sense to me if the Temaah! distortion is activated (standard is off), but otherwise it cuts the tone way to early, so i would couple it with the distortion.