Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What's next?

Sogradde

Hey there.

I was wondering if there are any new Helix designs planned for the future?

Personally I would love an LT without the expression pedal, simply because I don't use it and for the smaller footprint.

Any news on that?

Other than Helix Native on a PC, there's nothing announced and likely won't be until it's released or within a week or two of being released.  That's just the way Line 6 (as well as most gear manufacturers) do things.  No one wants to give away their competitive advantage to their competitors ahead of time. 

• Like 1

I'd truly like the HX Amp head with a tube poweramp with USB and Bluetooth pairing to create patches from a tablet or cellphone with Android... And the matching cabs in order to make my neighbours hate me... I know it'll be coming in the next five years... Just about now I'm looking forward to seeing more amps and effects with each firmware update and compete head-to-head with Fractal regarding availability and sound quality.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

I'd truly like the HX Amp head with a tube poweramp with USB and Bluetooth pairing to create patches from a tablet or cellphone with Android... And the matching cabs in order to make my neighbours hate me... I know it'll be coming in the next five years... Just about now I'm looking forward to seeing more amps and effects with each firmware update and compete head-to-head with Fractal regarding availability and sound quality.

Agreed!  

I would like to see the Spider Valve amp concept mated with the Helix effects and preamps capabilities.  I would buy one yesterday!

Is that a joke ?

Line6 has declined its helix with :

- The rack + control pedal

- Helix Floor

- Helix LT

- Helix native

- Helix FX

There's no other brand that has done so on a same base !

So you need another device.....I believe it won't happen !

I don't use a lot the pedal too but i think it's always good to have it for the volume control.

4 minutes ago, Steveclerget said:

Is that a joke ?

Line6 has declined its helix with :

- The rack + control pedal

- Helix Floor

- Helix LT

- Helix native

- Helix FX

There's no other brand that has done so on a same base !

So you need another device.....I believe it won't happen !

I don't use a lot the pedal too but i think it's always good to have it for the volume control.

Ok, I'll bite... what does any of this mean? 

• 8 months later...

Its interesting to me many people thought the same thing about the hd500 , that  it would last forever. Eventually a new product will replace this , it is how companies evolve and make money !!

I enjoyed the hd500 and thought it was the best for a while until helix came along and made it nearly obsolete.....

Don't forget line 6 has a long history ...starting with pod 1 , and how many product lines  have we gone through since then ?  pod 1, pod 2. pod xt , 2 and 3 ,  hd500  hd500x ...

There will come a day when Helix is not the latest and greatest.

51 minutes ago, HERCULEES1 said:

Its interesting to me many people thought the same thing about the hd500 , that  it would last forever. Eventually a new product will replace this , it is how companies evolve and make money !!

I enjoyed the hd500 and thought it was the best for a while until helix came along and made it nearly obsolete.....

Don't forget line 6 has a long history ...starting with pod 1 , and how many product lines  have we gone through since then ?  pod 1, pod 2. pod xt , 2 and 3 ,  hd500  hd500x ...

There will come a day when Helix is not the latest and greatest.

I don't think anyone on this group, or any group, thinks that there will never be a Helix successor.

I think we're just confidant it's a ways out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HERCULEES1 said:

I never once felt like the HD500 would last forever. It was restricted and limited in it's abilities. I had many "I wish I could do this" moments with the HD500 that I don't experience with the Helix. Many of us saw a large decline of functionality when we migrated from the X3 Live. As much as the HD was a nicer unit, it was also a step backward in many other ways. 

The Helix (if you buy the right model for your needs) is extremely well thought and allows for growth in features not previously possible with hardware units. 

Yes - someday there will be a new product but it's not on the immediate horizon. Continuing updates for the Helix are! 

• Like 1

@Herculees, Have you read the subject ?

It was from OP : i want another Helix declined device.

I didn't say : change nothing, helix is perfect there's no need to create a new tool in future.

I said : Helix brings a huge range of devices more than the concurrence so i don't see the reason why L6 would bring something else....

I was wrong because since may 2018 L6 has commercialized the Helix stomp......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Great question.  I had a Helix Rack and I loved it but I sold it and I know, sure as guitarists are like sheep, if I go buy another one, Line 6 will come out with a new unit THE NEXT DAY.  It might not be groundbreaking but there will be improvements in design and function.  My HX stomp will keep me pacified until then. :-)

On 3/8/2019 at 11:56 PM, anthonylee said:

On the opposite need another exp pedal. people keep buying another mission exp pedal . 

I actually like that they have different throws. The attached pedal is perfect for Volume and the short throw of the Mission is perfect for Wah.