Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way of having the delay stop instantly on a Pod HD 500

random10101010

Just wondering if there is anyway to choose when all the delay stops on the Pod HD 500. For example if I have the Feedback at 100 to try and create a really messy sound of everything I play being thrown back at me, then when I deice I want that all to stop.

Is this possible?

• 2 months later...

You can use expression pedal to control delay mix

You can have a preset saved with delay off, so activate the delay when needed in the preset, and press the preset button (ABDC) to recall the preset with delay off (as saved)

Should do the trick

1 hour ago, Matt_Brown said:

Or have two patches next to each other the same but one with delay on and one with it off. Switch patches and ‘voila’! Remember there is a setting that enables delay ‘tails’ when you switch patches so make sure this is off!

Just to clear something up, the delay tails only applies to within a preset, not across multiple presets. When switching between presets, delays will always be cut off regardless of the global setting.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Matt_Brown said:

Or have two patches next to each other the same but one with delay on and one with it off. Switch patches and ‘voila’! Remember there is a setting that enables delay ‘tails’ when you switch patches so make sure this is off!

but switching patches has that nasty delayed opening issue. 

that's hardly a good solution if you are in the middle of a song. 

Just turn delay trails off.... nothing more should need to be done.

When you want messy delay.... turn on the delay. When you want it to crash to a halt, turn it off. If you want all this done on more than one effect (ie: more than one delay, reverb and delay, etc...) you may need to get into something more intricate with an expression pedal and parameters... but for general "full on / full off" you just need to turn off delay trails.