Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Need Some Help/advice With My Setup.

heath49036

Hello,

I have a POD HD500 that I'm attemping to run through a carvin dcm 1000w power amp into 2 line 6 4x12 cabs. For some reason one cab sounds louder than the other. My question is this. Is there any settings in the hd500 that need to be change in order to run this set up? I would like to run it in stereo so I can have one modeled amp in one cab and a different on in the other. Doing the rotary effect would be sweet also. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Heath

You need to give us a lot more info to troubleshoot this. I assume the power amp does not have individual channel volume adjustment.  

If you are running dual amps and they are different then volume difference is normal and you need to compensate in the patch.  If not, then follow these steps to troubleshoot.

Load a new patch with an single amp only, check the mixer is panned hard left and right with both sides volume equal (0.0).  Set output to studio direct.  Check problem again. Try with both XLR and 1/4 outs.  If there is still a difference, run a mono signal from the left 1/4 out to a splitter feeding both sides of the amp. If the problem is solved, we need to look further at the POD.  If the problem persists, It's in the amp or cabs.  Swap cabs left to right and see if problem follows.  If it does, cabs need further troubleshooting.  If it stays, amp needs troubleshooting.

• Upvote 1

Yes.  Suggest you use studio direct output setting with XLR outs to your amp.  BUT, you will only really notice it if you make use of the stereo effects or dual amps or cabs.  

That amp has separate volume for each channel so just use it to match your left/right volume if you like everything else with your patch.

Google Meambobbo's excellent guide to using the POD HD for more detailed instructions on setting up.

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/

• Upvote 1

Good advice from above just make sure u understand why your reading the High Gain Tone Guide by meambobbo that his findings are running studio direct to monitors or headphones it is not DT oriented. You can use a lot of info as a guidelines to what you want but a lot of parameters he uses will not be the same for you. But still a wealth of knowledge.