Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 75 Direct Out Question

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my guitar to run through my desktop monitors.  I tried running the amp direct out into the speakers, and it works, but the sound isn't very good.  It seems muffled and distorted, even at lower volumes.  Is this a known issue, or is there a setting to change?

Also, if this isn't a good setup option, what would you recommend to use?  I looked at getting an HD500X, then run that into the speakers, skipping the amp all together, but figured I'd try with what I have first.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The solution above ^^ is taking the powered speaker output and paralleling it to more devices.  Note that this could affect the amp's output circuit (running a parallel circuit will reduce the impedance seen by the amp circuit).  It's also sending a powered signal to whatever device is being used - this could blow out components in an audio interface or computer's audio input.

Not sure why the OP wants to hook up desktop speakers directly to the DI - the amp's built-in speaker will give the best tone.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:04 AM, jak_E_lee said:

image.thumb.png.87233da1b70cd7cde0584aa3241afe8b.png

Get one of these.I did this on a spider 3.Hook it up to the speaker leads and then glue it inside the cab.I now have thes speaker running in my spider 3 and a DI feed to a desk

This device can be screwed down so its an extremley low unpowered feed into a desk. I been using it on a spider 3 with no adverse affect and its a more true tonal pattern to using the headphone out. Also have my spider 3 altered at the phones port with a flick switch so i can either have the amp speaker on or off which is what I previously used...until I got this converter....streets ahead of the headphone port as a DI,just keep the converter set at minumum