Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching channel with mesa boogie MkV 35w Din

xeno_14

I'm looking to buy this Pedal line 6 Helix.

I'm wondering if it's possible to switch channel with the helix Pedal ?

I'm using a Mesa Boogie Mark V 35w with a cable Din 5 Pins (Midi) to the footswitch. It's only ways it can work, 

I've read Multiple thread about this, most are old (2016) or they are cabled with 1/4 jack ( My amp model dosn't have output in 1/4).

Capture d'écran 2018-05-24 20.19.28.png

Just because it's a 5 pin DIN, doesn't necessarily mean MIDI. The manual says nothing about it being MIDI. If you can find out what MIDI commands it uses to switch channels, then MAYBE the Helix can do it, but that depends on HOW you want to do it - simple switch or snapshot?

First thing to do is find out IF it's MIDI and what exactly the commands are that control it. If it's NOT MIDI, there MAY be an adaptor available that MIGHT allow you to use the Helix 1/4" channel switch, but even then, details are required that are not provided in the manual. Also, there could be a problem with noise.

MORE DATA NEEDED!

I own the Mesa Mark V 35 - I did skim through the manual and there is nothing saying to only use the Mesa footswitch. 

I would advise you head over to the Boogie Board (Mesa forum) and ask the guys there.   It's pretty quiet in there sometimes, but there are some guys who are very knowledgeable and occasionally a certified Mesa representative will chime in.  

The amp switching will not work with MIDI, but there are custom adapters that will let you switch the Mark V 35 amp functions using the expression/control TRS ports. I have the same amp and can confirm that all footswitchable amp functions can be switched from the HX Effects, but I haven't tried it on the helix. My only gripe is that amp controls will take up a switch and can't be mapped along with other effect changes unless you're using snapshots. That was a big disappointment for me.

Here is the cable I'm using:

https://btpa.com/AS-MARKV3501-XX.html

• 5 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:17 AM, xeno_14 said:

I'm looking to buy this Pedal line 6 Helix.

I'm wondering if it's possible to switch channel with the helix Pedal ?

I'm using a Mesa Boogie Mark V 35w with a cable Din 5 Pins (Midi) to the footswitch. It's only ways it can work, 

I've read Multiple thread about this, most are old (2016) or they are cabled with 1/4 jack ( My amp model dosn't have output in 1/4).

If you need to switch V:35 via midi you can use midi interface for this amp.

http://emcustom.eu/midi-interface.html