Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Both a Guitar Tone and Vocal Tone Simultaneously in Pod Farm

I have used the Tone Port UX1 for years. For the last many years I've used Gearbox. To record, I have been using Reason 7.1. I just bought a POD Studio UX1 for the additional amps/effects, etc.

Here is my problem: When using Gearbox, it was really easy to record both guitar and vocals simultaneously:

1. Set "Source Select to 'Inst & Mic'" 
  2. Select a tone for the instrument
  3. Select a tone for the mic
  4. Assign 1-2 to one track in reason
  5. Assign 3-4 to a different track in reason

When I record, I recorded the guitar and mic on individual mono tracks.

I can't seem to find a way to do what I can do with my TonePort UX1 and Gearbox with my Pod Studio UX1, and Pod Farm 2.5.

Maybe it's not possible? I'm fairly tech. savvy, and I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

Help?

Thanks, Triryche.

I got that far, but once I set up the dual tone, I can't figure out how to put a preset tone on Tone B.

For example, If I have a guitar tone selected for Tone A (and channel A is set to instrument), then add a duel tone and set B to Mic, I can't figure out how to assign a vocal preset to Tone B without impacting Tone A. 

I've been setting Sends 1 -2 to Tone A, and Send 3-4 to Tone B, but that doesn't seem to work. I still end up with a single tone, on both channels. I'm clearly doing something wrong. It was easy to do with Gearbox, I just can't figure it out with Pod Farm.

Again, thanks for your time.