Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best amplification system to tweak Jtv on workbench

Hello everybody, 

I want to share with you this experience.  I spent yesterday the whole journey at home with my dream rig (JTV + POD 500 + DT 50) The objective was to set and regulate the sound of the modeled guitars. It was hard and difficult to acheive what I wanted But in the end I was verry happy with the result. 

I used the DT 50 as my main amplification system and a blackface model..... today I plugged my Jtv and hd500 in my studio monitors using studio direct and I selected my studio presets and....the guitar does'nt sound as good as it sounded yesterday on my amp .... the modeled guitars sound moody ... when I go back to DT50 they sound good !

did you ever experience this ? WHAT KIND of amplification system should I use To regulate the modelled guitars?  My big fear is to experience the reverse that is :

setting the jvt sounds on my monitors  and having an awful sound in my DT .... In this situation it means I need different presets for my variax for different amplification system and .... it is not practical ....

ps: i Tried to eq the amp models, it helped little bit yet it was not as good as It should 

Do you think I must use no amp model at all ?? HOW do you proceed ? Did you have the same experience ? what is the best working method for you ? share

On 5/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, hichembell said:

Hello everybody, 

I want to share with you this experience.  I spent yesterday the whole journey at home with my dream rig (JTV + POD 500 + DT 50) The objective was to set and regulate the sound of the modeled guitars. It was hard and difficult to acheive what I wanted But in the end I was verry happy with the result. 

I used the DT 50 as my main amplification system and a blackface model..... today I plugged my Jtv and hd500 in my studio monitors using studio direct and I selected my studio presets and....the guitar does'nt sound as good as it sounded yesterday on my amp .... the modeled guitars sound moody ... when I go back to DT50 they sound good !

did you ever experience this ? WHAT KIND of amplification system should I use To regulate the modelled guitars?  My big fear is to experience the reverse that is :

setting the jvt sounds on my monitors  and having an awful sound in my DT .... In this situation it means I need different presets for my variax for different amplification system and .... it is not practical ....

ps: i Tried to eq the amp models, it helped little bit yet it was not as good as It should 

Do you think I must use no amp model at all ?? HOW do you proceed ? Did you have the same experience ? what is the best working method for you ? share

This has nothing to do with the JTV...take any other guitar you own, and try and bounce back and forth with the same POD patch, listening through FRFR studio monitors vs. a "real" guitar amp like the DT, and they're never gonna sound the same. The frequency response of the two different speaker types are worlds apart, and you can expect the tone to change, often drastically. You're battling physics...and you will lose every time.  

It may not be practical, but unless you want to be constantly editing patches every time you need to listen through something different, you're gonna need separate banks of patches for use with different kinds of monitoring. I have patches for my studio monitors, headphones, and then the ones I use live. Every time you change what you're listening through, your tone will change. It's just the nature of the beast...we're all in the same boat.

do you mean you have different patches for your variax for different systems ?? I understand that amp pedal presets sounds different and im not using the same presets in my dt and in my studio monitors the thing is that : 

with a regular fuitar switching systems and switching presets works fine .........yet with variax it seems that i dont only need to change presets on pod ...but i also need to change presets on my variax :o