Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Snapshot Index" option not available/visible in Logic Pro X

donbusana

When using Helix Native in a Logic Pro X track, the "Snapshot Index" in the automation options is not listed (should be between Knob 16 and switch 12), although I can see the snapshots in Helix Native (version 1.5 demo). The Helix Native 1.5 manual reads on page 38 "You should be able to see a "Snapshot Index" automation envelope line added for the track (your host app may require that you toggle an option to display it)" but it is not explained where to toggle this option. The "show advanced tools" options is ticked in Logic's advanced preferences. Does anybody know how to solve this and get those option displayed?

Native problem Snapshot index.png

Yeah, I ran into this too with Logic. Its a known bug, but you may want to open a support ticket with Line 6 ..... squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Luckily, there IS a workaround. Read this thread for more info:

Sometimes getting the Snapshots to appear takes some messing around, but after they appear you can use them in your Project's automation lane. Hope they get this fixed in the next update.

Thanks a lot soundog, this helps a lot. Interestingly the option "snapshot index" still does not show up in the pull down list, but the automation parameter field displays "snapshot index". I needed to toggle several switches in the controls view, as well as switch to "touch" and switch back to "read" in order for it to show up.

Yes, its really flaky .... sometimes you just have to tinker with it awhile, but after it shows up for the automation lane its fine. I've had it show up in the Helix pull down list, but it seems unpredictable and hit and miss. When you get it all working, Snapshot automation is really powerful.

• 1 month later...

@Jagman13: You're right .... the workaround I described doesn't seem to work with V1.6. But I just found another workaround which seems reliable and straightforward:

If you open up and configure Logic's Smart Controls to learn the Helix Native Snapshot control, you'll find that Snapshots now appear as a selectable automation. Or you can use your new Smart Control to automate.

If you've not used Smart Controls, I found a decent tutorial on youtube (there are plenty of others) .... the tutorial will jump to the good stuff, but rewind to the beginning if you want. You can just select Knob 1 if you want, select the Learn button so it turns red, go into the Helix plugin and toggle the Snapshots control, then turn off Learn in Smart Controls. If done correctly, your Knob control should now change snapshots AND you should also be able to select Snapshots in your automation selections Smart Controls. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

In the meantime, I sure hope Line 6 gets this bug fixed in the next release...

Soundog, Hmmm mixed results with the above... Got the snapshot shots to automate via the knob 1 option described and thats very good :) However still can't access the Snapshots in the automation drop down.. its still the same as before... But progress all the same... thanks for the work around.. :) 

After you set up a Smart Control for Helix Snapshots, Snapshot Index should be listed under Smart Controls in the automation drop down. At least it is here running Logic Pro 10.4.1.