Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.54 Variax Custom Tuning Per Snapshot Help Please!

Ryte

Things were working great before I updated my unit to 2.54 a few months ago.  I thought I could figure it out but I'm not seeing the settings I thought I needed to set to allow me to have different tuning per snapshot with my Variax.  I'm also not seeing anything on the forum that address this.

The patches I had setup like that before the firmware update worked great, but not after the update.  It will allow me to only have one tuning per preset.  I've tried the global vs the preset thinking I had it wrong.  But when I change the tunning in one snapshot it changes it all the snapshots in the patch.  I was using it for example in Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way, to switch between the open tuning for the slid part then the normal tuning for the talk box part.  I finally figured this weekend I was going to spend the time and figure this out so I can get back to play that song as well as others I switch tunings on.  I know I could create different patches for each but that was one of the big reasons I went with the Helix and got away from my POD HD500x.  I wish they would of left the settings alone.

Thanks Scott...

Thanks!  Ok, then my next stupid question is how to I set their controller to snapshot.  Before I just would set what each strings tunning I wanted and that saved it to the snapshot.

The Alt+click on the tuning worked nice and fast.  What a pain to have to do it that way compared to the old way of just setting the tunings per snapshot.

Thanks Scott.....

On 5/27/2018 at 3:14 PM, Ryte said:

The Alt+click on the tuning worked nice and fast.  What a pain to have to do it that way compared to the old way of just setting the tunings per snapshot.

Thanks Scott.....

Uh, but there was no old way... You've always had to have the individual string pitches tied to snapshot controllers.