Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help to Record Spider IV "Line Out"

Hello,

I would like to record from the "Line Out" to my Chromebook so that I can capture the backing track that I am playing over. Is this worth it or is it better to buy some speakers and a room microphone. What about just getting a seperate multi effects processor. Maybe one of those would do the trick.

HI 'TheGroobster' - it's not clear what you are trying to do.  'capture the backing track that I am playing over'.  Do you have a device plugged into the CD/MP3 input of the amp?  If so, would you not want to record your guitar part together with the backing track?

What you really need to use is an audio interface, as the sound card (the device in your Chromebook that convers audio signal to digital, and back) is not made for high quality music reproduction.

Hey fflvrgst,

Thanks for the response. I am on a really tight budget(under $100 CDN). Yes, I am using the mp3 line in for the backing track. I have been trying to record the guitar with this usb mic I have. However, the DAW that I am using(Soundtrap) does not support monitoring so I have to try and line up the tracks or they will not be in sync. So far I am having a lot of trouble doing this. I figure the best way right now is to just record from the line out of my Spider IV. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried Audacity?  There is a free version you can use.  It's more of an audio editor than a true DAW, but might work for you.  There are quite a few USB audio interfaces available under $100, but I can't vouch for how good any of them are.